In a Perfect World by Keri Hilson | Teen Ink

In a Perfect World by Keri Hilson

By KillaCam BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
KillaCam BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio

“In a Perfect World” is an album that I feel many people can relate to. Naming an album perfect world, you may think the songs are going to be about how she depicts her perfect world to be. But no, her goal was to use the words “perfect world” to show just how real and imperfect she is, Ironically bringing her closer to becoming a perfect singer so strong that she can be herself at all times.
The album features guest appearances by Timbaland, Lil Wayne, Akon, Keyshia Cole, and Ne-Yo. The original release of the album was pushed back because of problems with her record label, and budgets. Also, the release date was pushed back because of the failure of some her singles like “Energy” and Turin me off”, catching onto the radio stations quick enough. But once they did Keri Hilson was set, and her album was released on March 24, 2009.
Her biggest hit so far has been “Turning me off” featuring Lil Wayne and produced by Polow the Don. This is a song many women can relate to, because it’s about how to properly approach and seduce a woman. Many more of her songs like “Make Love” and “Tell Him the Truth” are relatable because the lyrics tell stories about how to handle a situation. Keri’s goal for this album was to speak up for the ladies, and also empower them to be strong, independent, and determined. This album shows her ability to translate every day trials and tribulations into engaging music.
“It’s my way of saying nothing in the world is perfect and no person in it is, either. None of us are exempt from certain hardships and heartbreaks.” Keri comments.

She first started out behind the scenes as a song writer for artist like Ne-Yo, Brittany Spears, Usher and more. But now Keri Hilson has come into the spotlight and made a name for her own, and with her album, “In a perfect World” she is able to showcase her talents and let everyone know who she really is.

Lizzy16 BRONZE said...
Lizzy16 BRONZE, Westerville, Ohio

"Treat others how you would like to be treated."

who's Keri Hilson?