Guilty Pleasure by Ashley Tisdale | Teen Ink

Guilty Pleasure by Ashley Tisdale

By twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”

This former “High School Musical” star has definitely stepped out of the Disney spotlight and into one all her own. Ashley Tisdale proves that she’s ready to graduate into adulthood, in her sophomore album, “Guilty Pleasure”.

This album shows a different side of Tisdale. It’s nothing like her Broadway bound character in, “High School Musical”. She let’s her true self come through on this album.

Her hit single on the album, “It’s Alright, It’s Ok”, resonates with many teen girls. You know that you’ll be better off without this guy and you want him to know that too.

Though there is no title track on this album, many other songs are quite enjoyable including the first track on this album, “Acting Out.” This tune starts off sounding symphonic, then blasts into an upbeat song with a rock undertone.

“What If”, one of Tisdale’s slower songs on this album, speaks to how to be loyal even if a guy isn’t. If you really needed him, would he even be there for you?

Tisdale’s “How Do You Love Someone”, is truer than we may know it to be; you wonder how do you love someone when you’ve had no examples. How do you do it without getting hurt or falling flat on your face.

Tisdale’s new sound definitely suits her. “Guilty Pleasure” lives up to it’s name, it’s full of songs, that are, without a doubt, a guilty pleasure.

Lizzy16 BRONZE said...
Lizzy16 BRONZE, Westerville, Ohio

"Treat others how you would like to be treated."

luv this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

You're welcome!

twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

hey staygolden14 was my new, now old username. Just to let you know. But again...thanks! :)

twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

thanks! I really hope so.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

guilty pleasure the song was actually an international bonus track if I remember right....weird.....awesome article!

You're welcome. You're article should be put in one of the magazines.(it's great)

on Apr. 25 2010 at 8:50 am
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

Thanks it was my first, seriously edited, thought out review.

Great article. I agree with you.