American Idiot by Green Day

Another great CD I have bought is American Idiot by Green Day.  It is the first of Green Day's rock operas about the fictional character the Jesus of Suburbia who runs away.  The track list is as follows

1. American Idiot
2. Jesus of Suburbia
     i. Jesus of Suburbia
     ii. City of the Damned
     iii. I Dont Care
     iv. Dearly Beloved
     v. Tales of Another Broken Home
3. Holiday
4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
5. Are we the Waiting
6. St. Jimmy
7. Give Me Novicane
8. She's a Rebel
9. Extraordinary Girl
10. Letterbomb
11. Wake me up when September Ends
12. Homecoming
     i. Death of St. Jimmy
     ii. East 12th Street
     iii. Nobody Likes You
     iv. Rock and Roll Girlfriend
     v. We're Coming Home Again
13. Whatshername 

The three songs you probably already know are Holiday, Wake me up when September Ends, and Boulivard of Broken Dreams.  The main story of the CD starts with the "American Idiot" the Jesus of Suburbia.  He leaves home and meets up with a drug dealer known as St. Jimmy.  Shortly after he meats the "Extraordinary Girl" who remains nameless.  By track 12, St. Jimmy is dead by suicide and the Jesus of Suburbia goes home.  Three years later he wants to find the rebel girl but he can only call her whatshername.

10/10 great CD

I'll do a blanket cover of all of Green Days songs for a "Greatest Hits" soon   

super8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yes, gleek is right. We could easily look up this information on wikipedia if we had a desire to know these track names. A review should have contructive opinons on the work rather than common info. Put some personality in it! I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you start :)

gleek1234 said...
well this was not a review this was just you listing songs you didnt say what u like about them. next timje try harder to do a reveiw just some constructive ciritism so if you are going to flip and say i am being rude chill! i am trying to help u become a better writer:D now worries about anyone being mean