Miley Cyrus – The Time of Our Lives This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Even though I'm a guy, I am a huge Miley fan. And for me, her latest album, “The Time of Our Lives,” did not disappoint. That said, the CD is a somewhat rough transition into the rock genre that she wants to break into.

With some screaming, a few adult words, synthesized accompaniment, and of course the usual love songs, “The Time of Our Lives” has a metal feel to it. But the album also serves to promote Miley's new line of clothing.

This album didn't give me the real Miley vibe like her debut CD, “Breakout.” As much as I love these songs, I didn't feel that same connection. It didn't feel like these were her songs. In fact, if you look at the credits, she didn't write one except for “Before the Storm” (with the Jonas Brothers).

The single “Party in the USA” (that made number one on the Billboard Top 100 for eight straight weeks) is a great tune that will be played on the radio for years. It is the song she put the most heart into.

Overall the CD is entertaining and a great investment for Miley lovers, but I won't hype up “The Time of Our Lives” into something it's not. I believe in Miley, I love her music, and I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next, but I hope that her next album blows us all away.

WritingLoverForever said...
From the moment I bought this CD, I was obsessed (no pun intended). She has the perfect mix of fun/upbeat songs and slower ballads like "When I Look at You." Miley did it again! :)

vm13forever replied...
Sept. 28, 2010 at 9:50 am :
i agree she is fun loveing sing and song writter she has amasing songs i lison to her all the time i some times wish i could go to one of her conserts. she is a very lovely girl just like some of the other singers in this world

Diana101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:24 pm:

Miley is a really great singer. I was kinda disapointed when i found out that Hannah Montana was no longer going to be on Disney Channel. But then if i was an 17 year old going on 18 i wouldn't really want to be "Hannah Montana" the rest of my life. So i can understand how Miley wants to do her thing, not what 'Hannah Montana' should do.

I love Miley's Album "The Time of Our Lives" ! :)

CassieSherman14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm not particularly a big fan of miley and some of my friends don't like her at all  but she's ok... I don't like party in the USA. Great article though,you did a good job.

JCMerak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 10:33 pm :

Thank you for the nice comment anyway!! Miley definitely has her place among fans and I happen to be one of them. An acquired style and voice (not the most angelic), perhaps? Well, maybe she'll get more kudos when her next CD hits shelves this June! (her site confirms) Anyway, thanks again!

- JC

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Miley cyrus is NOT metal and she will never be able to pull off anything sounding like rock, she doesn't even write her own songs, therefore she's nothing more than a fake pop tart who sold out because her daddy isn't famous anymore.

Apr. 6, 2010 at 5:10 pm :
Okay, okay! I just meant that the songs had a tinny feel to them since they're basically 90% computer generated sound. On the other part, she didn't write these songs. I mentioned that. However, she has written songs before and also has another CD in the works set for a June release, according to her website. I don't agree that she is a flaky pop tart, but I do have to admit, she's not the greatest artist. I happen to like her and obviously, by previous comment, you don't. There's nothing wrong ... (more »)

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 6:13 pm :
lol i just get really frustrated and im quite opinionated i guess. I looked on ASCAP and I don't see any songs that she's written...

JCMerak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1, 2010 at 10:03 pm:
I can't verify if Miley is going to have a new album out this year, but if she does, I hope it's better?! However, as not being blown away by the last EP, The Time Our Lives, I can't imagine what else she can do, unless she can dramatically change her pop style to her supposedly rock style she wants to pursue. In fact, if she has signed a contract for so many recordings, she didn't make much of a mistake; because seriously, if you wanted the chance to get recorded, would you ... (more »)

thebiglover said...
Feb. 1, 2010 at 9:19 pm:
I just want to tell you that I'm a guy too (17yo) and I LOVE Miley..
Miley is not gonna blow you this year, on the music side, cuz she's gonna make another pop record (like the EP) cuz Hollywood Records initially signed her for 7 albums (4 Sounftracks and 3 personnal) and she was only 13yo..
she said that this one, excpected to be out by July, s gona be her last album for a while.. and that she's gonna take lots of time to make another one who does really reflects he... (more »)