Kenny Loggins-- More Songs From Pooh Corner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Kenny Loggins, legendary singer, songwriter and guitarist, has been recording for four decades, but “More Songs from Pooh Corner” outdoes them all. Here, he reveals his passion for life and takes the listener to a place of serenity. With its endearing lyrics, romantic yet innocent melodies, and Loggins' gentle, melodic tones, this album is surely appropriate for everyone.

Of the eleven tracks, seven originate from children's movies, making this a refreshing change from the fast-paced music we are used to. The lyrics show a connection between two worlds: the “make-believe” of fairy tales and our real world. If you listen to the words, they are very symbolic.

Likewise, it's difficult to get through “Baby Mine” from “Dumbo” without a tissue. It's equally difficult to stay awake until the final chorus of “Goodnight,” a song written and performed by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. And who won't take comfort from “You'll Be In My Heart” from “Tarzan”?

Lyrics that touch the heart combined with a gentle voice provide an escape from life's ups-and-downs and allow us to connect with our spirit. So, if you're stressed or just need a little encouragement, put on this album and feel better. .