“Letters to the President” | Teen Ink

“Letters to the President” MAG

By Anonymous

     “Letters to the President” is Hawk Nelson’s debut album. This group is so new to the scene you might be asking, “Who the heck is Hawk Nelson, anyway?” Well, they are a Christian punk-rock band that has hit it big! With their chart-topping hits “Take Me” and “Right Here,” you can’t help but fall head-over-heels in love with them. Their punk-rock music styling, mixed with Christian lyrics, has created an ,ber-genre which will attract teens from all over.

Every song has an underlying message that basically says to follow God. Most punk rockers complain about how hard life was, is, or will be, but Hawk Nelson takes a different approach. Instead of complaining, they teach you to follow God.

Hawk Nelson’s style is mostly punk rock, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t branch out: “From Underneath” and “36 Days” are both soft-rock songs that teach you to cherish every minute since you never really know what will happen. And then there is “Like a Race Car,” which is sort of like Linkin Park minus the rapping.

Hawk Nelson is probably going to end up in the hands of not only Christian music listeners, but punk rock listeners, too. Their music is universal. Buy the album, listen to it, and have your friends listen, too. Trust me, the word will spread. .