love&war by Barlowgirl

Barlowgirl's new cd "love&war" is an 11 track stop-and-make-you-think album worth picking up. "love&war" is the soundtrack to the fight to show others love while being at war with mainstream culture and ideas. Filled with empowering yet challenging lyrics, it's message is relevant and appreciated by fans of the all girl group. Most of whom share the same struggle.
Power tracks such as "Come alive", "Running out of time" and "Time for you to go" encourage listeners to stand up for what they believe in and not let others think for them. "Beutiful ending" is a slower song about laying down your selfishness for you own good. One ballad inperticular, "Tears fall"[feuturing the Fisk Jubilee singers] touches on the scars and lost lives of abortion. It's almost garenteed to make you to tears. But most of all it mourns the "hearts that will never beat".
"love&war" is encouraging fresh andenergizing. Barlowgirl step up artistaclly, musically and lyrically for their previos projects. It just goes to show how much they've grown in the last six years.
After listening to this cd you'll be left with this challenge: "To live, to die and to war for the sake of love". I highly recommend both this band and this cd.

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 14, 2010 at 11:23 am
Barlow Girl is one of my favorite bands. I love them!!

thesilverrose said...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 1:06 am
I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!! I have it. It is wonderful. I love how you wrote the review. It is so well put together it makes me wanna go listen to it right now. :D

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Thank you, your comment was encouraging:] I was so excited about getting the review in to the website that I made a thousand typo's. That's embarrassing but anyway thanks for the comment.

thesilverrose replied...
I didn't see any typo's... if you made them they aren't visible. I'd guess someone would have to be disecting the review to notice. :D

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Oh, well glad you didn't notice LOL..... I probably over analize it since I really want to get published. But whatever:]

thesilverrose replied...
It would be awesome if you got published!!!

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Beyond awesome. My dream come true...

thesilverrose replied...
I will pray that it gets published. ( :

ReflectionsofYou replied...
You just put a huge smile on my face! I would appreciate if you did! And you can vote on it too. And I'll vote on one of yours:P

thesilverrose replied...
Sure. I'd be VERY happy to vote on it. How do I do that? I don't have anything out right now. I just started using teenink... so... yea. But I'm looking at puting something in the fiction section I wrote when I was a little younger. I thought it was kinda cool. Depends though.

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 7, 2009 at 10:14 am
Thanks, just look at the title and to the right of that there are some grey stars. Just move your mouse from left to write across it and click whichever star is your rating. And you should definately submit. Even if it's just for the feedback, it's helpful.

thesilverrose replied...
Yes ma'am, I will rate. Thnx for the info. I submitted one piece of work, but I dunno when Teenink will approve of it. They haven't emailed me. They said they would. :D Oh well. It wasn't very good. I didn't know which place to put it in either. I put it in Fiction and then Sci Fi/Fantasy... it's not Sci Fi but it is my imagination. :D LOL! I'm cluless... (spelling?)

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:56 am
It will probably take a while for fiction to go through. I subitted a non-fiction a couple months ago expecting to see it up pretty soon. It took a week and a half:/
But this review only took a couple days. It just depends on the number of submissions like they said, I guess. I'v put in a couple of crummy pieces too but it's no big deal. It just takes practice I guess.

thesilverrose replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:19 am
Ya, the page said it could take a couple of weeks to go through. But anyways... yea, writing can take practice. You are really encouraging me... thanks. =)

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:24 am
No problem:] That's how we get better.
Sooo, is writing something your interested is doing when your older? Like maybe even as a career?

thesilverrose replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:27 am
:D I dunno if I'll write as a career. Whatever G-D calls me to do is what I'll do. Maybe I could balance a couple of different careers. I dunno. What about you? Would you write as a career?

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:32 am
Definately. As far as I can tell writing is what he's called me to do. I figure that must mean He has something to say through me. It's a pretty cool feeling actually and it took forever for me to relize it.

thesilverrose replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:37 am
Awesome. If you write a book, I'd probably be the first person to check it out. It would be awesome. G-D has given you a passion for writing. He will use it for His glory. I think it is so awesome. We should email eachother sometime...

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Yeah, you'll be the first to know if I ever get a book publish:D I'm not supposed to give out my emial or go to chat rooms soooo maybe we could think of something else.... And yeah that's all I really want is to serve Him. But you probably know how it is, sometimes you just wonder if your imaging the whole thing.... P.S. have you ever heard of My-God-space?

thesilverrose replied...
Cool. Ya, I'm not supposed to hand out my email either. Me, being Jewish... you know walking into a synagogue after you've been in a church your whole life feels like coming home. Into Israel. No ma'am... I have never heard of Mr-G-D-space. I'll google it though. What is it?
I know you've heard of BarlowGirl, but have you been to their website? I'm a member there... so I keep in touch with others. You could do the same. Looks like we are filling up t... (more »)