Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble | Teen Ink

Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble

By Mary Ingram BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon
Mary Ingram BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon

So many songs to choose from yet so little time. Options are everywhere yet there is one song that sticks out the best to me. Michael Buble is known for his thick honey sweet voice and with the song “Haven’t Met You Yet” he does not disappoint. The song begins with a short melodic pat on the knee beat. Then I hear the jazzy vibe of Michael’s tone. It makes me feel like a warm cup of hot chocolate on a chilly fall afternoon. He sings on to tell a story about his love life and how he has, “Broken my (his) heart too many times I (he) stopped keeping track.” After he tells about his adventures and misadventures the tempo rises and he changes the whole mood of the song. What was once a sorrowful, powerless song then rises to a tasty and joyful moment as the chorus begins with, “And I know some day that it’ll all turn out.” The second verse gives the same message but you can tell from Michael’s voice that he feels more confident. Sure enough the instruments take flight after belts out another chorus understanding that he has a better chance with love then he thought. All he needs to do is find the right woman. The greatest lyric of all is when Michael keeps repeating the line, “And promise you kid I’ll give more than I get.” That particular phrase helps the sun to come out and the gentle breeze sway the leaves. With the final lyrics playing over again I can’t help but “love, love, love” this song. In case there are any doubts about Michael’s well being he found his girlfriend on the set when he was filming this very song for a music video. His lyrics do not lie and they give me hope to know that there is someone out there for me but “I just haven’t met you yet.”

madlydelicious BRONZE, Everett, Washington

"'But I don't want to go among mad people!"-said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here,' said the cat."-Lewis Carroll or "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."-Winston Churchill

Haven't Met You Yet is a nice song but it has a lot of pop undertones to it which is nothing like what Michael has done his whole career up to the release of Crazy Love.