Twisted Sister – A Twisted Christmas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It's that time again. Christmas is coming fast. There's just one thing I don't like about the holiday: I get sick of listening to Christmas carols over and over again. Then my friend gave me a copy of “A Twisted Christmas” by Twisted Sister. Immediately my holiday spirit reappeared.

The first track begins as a regular carol, then it stops and a dude starts yelling. Suddenly lead singer Dee Snider screams, “This is Twisted Sister!” After that, there is no turning back. The annoying carol “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” is amped up and the guitar starts screaming. It's like hearing a sinister version of the song.

The guitar licks and drums hold your interest throughout. The bass also rings out during some of the songs. During “Oh Come All Ye Faithful,” the drums and guitars sound exactly like “We're Not Gonna Take It.” Who knew a Christmas carol could sound like a rock anthem?

I highly recommend this CD for those who want to get into the Christmas spirit with some new holiday tunes.

guitarist27 said...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 9:04 am
haha amen to this. i get so aggravated with christmas music 24/7 around my house! a lot of the stuff on this CD though makes me wanna listen to christmas music

xBrando said...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 3:23 am
I also have this CD and love it. Completely agree with the review. Best thing that has ever happened to Christmas carols.