Fifteen by Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Fifteen by Taylor Swift

September 20, 2009
By twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
13 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”


“Fifteen” by Taylor Swift is a powerful song. It tells you about high school and things that are very true to life. Maybe even more true than you want them to be. The lyrics tell a story. A story that is very true to Taylor Swift. “Fifteen” tells you about a girl who starts her Freshman year of high school….scared, but she’s also like every other girl in wanting that Senior boy to notice her. Then she meets a girl, and just like Kindergarten, in a few minutes, they are best friends. Then she gets her first date, and it’s the day she’s dreamed of. And her first kiss. But then well she learns that boys break hearts. Badly. And that there is more to life than dating the boy on the football team. Then her best friend, gets her heartbroken by a guy, she gave everything she had to, and he just changed his mind. Then she realizes, “when your fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, YOU’RE GONNA BELIEVE THEM”. But next time, look before you fall. But she also finds “that time can heal most anything, if you just find who your supposed to be”. But, at first, you don’t know it a fifteen years old.

This song is a song I think all girls need to listen to at some point in their lives. It’s something that you need to listen carefully, because some boy is going to tell you they love, and you’re going to believe them, and either they mean it, or they are just saying it and then they break your heart.

For Taylor Swift, this song was written about her Freshman Year, and her best friend (a red-head), Abigail.

Listen to this song, girls. And trust, me….you won’t regret it.


The author's comments:
A big thank you to Taylor Swift, who created this song, you're a big inspiration to me.
This song is a song I think all girls need to listen to at some point in their lives. It’s something that you need to listen carefully, because some boy is going to tell you they love, and you’re going to believe them, and either they mean it, or they are just saying it and then they break your heart.