Fifteen by Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Fifteen by Taylor Swift

By twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”

“Fifteen” by Taylor Swift is a powerful song. It tells you about high school and things that are very true to life. Maybe even more true than you want them to be. The lyrics tell a story. A story that is very true to Taylor Swift. “Fifteen” tells you about a girl who starts her Freshman year of high school….scared, but she’s also like every other girl in wanting that Senior boy to notice her. Then she meets a girl, and just like Kindergarten, in a few minutes, they are best friends. Then she gets her first date, and it’s the day she’s dreamed of. And her first kiss. But then well she learns that boys break hearts. Badly. And that there is more to life than dating the boy on the football team. Then her best friend, gets her heartbroken by a guy, she gave everything she had to, and he just changed his mind. Then she realizes, “when your fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, YOU’RE GONNA BELIEVE THEM”. But next time, look before you fall. But she also finds “that time can heal most anything, if you just find who your supposed to be”. But, at first, you don’t know it a fifteen years old.

This song is a song I think all girls need to listen to at some point in their lives. It’s something that you need to listen carefully, because some boy is going to tell you they love, and you’re going to believe them, and either they mean it, or they are just saying it and then they break your heart.

For Taylor Swift, this song was written about her Freshman Year, and her best friend (a red-head), Abigail.

Listen to this song, girls. And trust, me….you won’t regret it.

A big thank you to Taylor Swift, who created this song, you're a big inspiration to me.

on Dec. 11 2012 at 6:53 pm
ilove6736 BRONZE, Baltimore, Other

Love is too short, forgetting is too long. - Taylor Swift

I love Taylor Swift! I think that she is so good at singing!

TheJust ELITE said...
on Mar. 23 2011 at 9:43 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Twilight_Teen, really she wasn't insulting you, so why are you taking it that way. Just because someone critisizes your writing doesn't mean they are being crass. 

And who says you can't describe all the "things" in the song. It's a good point. Maybe you should try it.

seriocomic said...
on Feb. 2 2010 at 9:48 pm
may i suggest that when criticizing a text, make it 101% sure that you will look more on the context and not on the form. thank you.

on Nov. 6 2009 at 4:09 pm
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

I used things, one because I am 14, and two because I was trying to say more than one thing, but thank you.

on Oct. 30 2009 at 10:44 am
I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT!! She is my favorite singer! This piece was very well written!

szmydc said...
on Oct. 29 2009 at 7:23 pm
As I was reading this I noticed in the beginning you metioned the word "things". "Things" is a vauge noun and never want to use it in a writing. You want to describes those "things" maybe by saying, "This song points out the true meaning to life," not "thinks that are very true in life." The rest of the peice was descripitve about the song. I would have to say this is one of my favorite songs. I think "YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE THEM" part is one of the truest things when your in a relationship. You have to believe your bf/gf, its like if you dont why are you dating them? This song has a great meaning to life for a fifteen yearold.

on Oct. 9 2009 at 12:47 pm
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

Thanks so much. She now has a video for this song: http://www.cmt.com/videos/taylor-swift/443998/fifteen.jhtml

Watch it, it's good!

L.G. Smiles said...
on Oct. 2 2009 at 8:11 pm
I think Taylor Swift did such a good job on this song! Every girl can relate to this song. This song is now one of my favorite's by Taylor Swift. Congrats, Taylor!

zeckowskij said...
on Oct. 1 2009 at 7:09 pm
As soon as I started to read this piece one part caught my eye. you had said that the song "fifteen" and things that are very true to life. What kinds of things does she talk about? I like how you include parts of the song such as "that time can heal most anything, if you just find who you're supposed to be." I also like how you tied in Taylor's actual friend's name at the end. Overall this piece was well written and had few errors.

edwardsc said...
on Oct. 1 2009 at 4:14 pm
I think you really showed a good perspective of this song. I think if you are going to high school and its your first year, you are hoping that it is somewhat like taylor sings in this song. Everyone needs friends and this might happen to you. I think you did a great job telling people to be who they are and people will like tem for them. You said, " just like kindergarden, in a few minutes, they are best friends." I think you are saying if you act like yourself, people will like you for you. Also, I liked how you said," listen to this song, girls. And trust, me.... you won't regret it," and that is so true. If you want an inspiring song, listen to this song because it will inspire you to be yourself. You showed that every well in this review.