Cassie--The Columbine Story by Flyleaf

"Do You believe in God?
Written on the bullet
And Cassie pulled the trigger"
In those three lines it tells the unforgettable story of the Columbine High School shooting. Where one of shooters asked Cassie Bernall if she believed in God, and she answered yes. There are some who say this never happened but the proof is everywhere. People knew Cassie Bernall and know what happened. She was a true Christian, a tremendous example to us all. When it came down to it," The answer no to avoid deatg
The answer yes would make it", Cassie stood up, and said yes, all aware of the gun on her head. We will all remember Cassie and hold her in our heart forever.
"All heads are bowed in silence
Still remember her last sentence
She answered him
knowing what would happen
Her last words still hanging in the air"

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2010 at 3:01 pm:
this is great, it's my favorite song from Flyleaf! I actually wrote two poems (Say Yes and Last Words) about Columbine.....I been interested in it since I was young.....

ToWriteLovee said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 10:58 pm:
i found out about this shooting from flyleaf, one of my favorite bands, and i have read the books and studied the lyrics. i feel it is important that the youth of america spread what has happened and try to help. becuase people in this generation have fallen from god and righteous things. its our job to help.

J.L.Morgan said...
I think its great that she is being remembered this way. I read the book her mother wrote about her when I was in 8th grade and her love for her daughter touched me greatly. Cassie really lived for God and absolutely personified the quote "Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything".

PurpleMidnight said...
Sorry for mispellings guys.