Kerli | Teen Ink

Kerli

June 16, 2009
By CatiGirl SILVER, Columbus, Ohio
CatiGirl SILVER, Columbus, Ohio
9 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss


For those of you looking beyond what is laid before you in the mainstream media, I suggest you invest in Kerli.

Kerli is from a land called Estonia, which was part of the former Soviet Union. She came to America not a few years ago, where she recorded and released her first album "Love is Dead".

Her hint of an accent makes you wonder where exactly she's from, and she tells you in her song "Creepshow" with the lyrics "I'm from a land called secret EstoniaNobody knows where it's at".

You may have seen her song 'Walking on Air' on the "free on iTunes". Then again, you may not. Kerli is an artist worth your time and money. With such songs as "Bulletproof" and "Fragile" you get a sense of how vulnerable each song is. However, you hear the songs "Beautiful Day" and "Hurt Me", and you just want to dance.

Electronic is growing increasinly popular. And Kerli is bringin it with style and voice.


The author's comments:
Goth; if you don't apreciate the unique-ness of Kerli, and similar artists, please do not take it out on me.