How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

jubabee1998 said...
what year was this written in

TayterTot45 replied...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:31 am :
Okay, first, add more depth to this. cite sources to make your data stronger. second, grammar problems big time! and third, be detailed! :)

YoMama replied...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm :
What was your grade on this english paper?

Celia said...
Dec. 30, 2010 at 9:54 am:
loved the ideas, but one phrase was contradictory: "People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art." Music IS art. according to wikipedia, "Music is an art form whose medium is sound." perhaps you should consider this if you plan to rewrite/edit your article.

gabyherdez said...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 9:15 am:
ny kind of music that you enjoy listening to. wether it be rap, country or scremo.

gothdeamon replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 8:50 am :
Screemo rulz!

gothchica replied...
Nov. 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm :
i love screamo

dude said...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 8:13 am:
Im at school right now, and i am bored, oh and what music makes you happy ??? :)

brando said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:56 am:
hey guys just wanted to say whats up ?

carlos spizy weiner replied...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:58 am :
its spizy hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

brando said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:53 am:
carlos spizy w says hi

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 6:55 am:

I'm sorry, please don't take offence, but this is not at all well written.

You did not provide nearly enough details as to what you were talking about. When you mentioned the study, I expected you to mention some possible reasons for this, or give a few more studies, or at least site your sources, but you did none of this. And you didn't really talk about the effects music in general has on teens. You just listed one effect of rap and then got off topic and started talking about person... (more »)

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 6:55 am :
P.S.-I'ts effect, not affect. You are using it as a noun, affect is a verb.

Oct. 31, 2010 at 6:57 am :

Sorry, I'm a grammar Nazi. :D

"Mom, why does it say '10 Items or Less'? It should be '10 Items or Fewer'!"

gothdeamon replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 8:53 am :
Phantom girl is correct and so are you they need to provide more details and less general ideas they need sorces and facts thank you for addressing this to them

jo-ray XDDD said...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 7:51 am:
i like the way this author thinks i am doing an article on how music deos affect teens this stuff helps:)

brando replied...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:54 am :
carlos spizy weiner says hi

wow lolz xd said...
sos ture so so ture

xBrando said...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 3:20 am:
Although not a review, it did contain some good information. Try to be more specific. Rock is a big word. You can't just generalize everything with a guitar and drums as rock.
Good write though :)

BrittneySamantha said...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:03 am:
this was a good review about music, i argee :)

RebeccaA said...
This really isn't a review.