How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

Gabriella12<3 said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:49 am:
Do you believe music truly effects teens??

Ilovemusicjb(: replied...
Apr. 22, 2011 at 2:57 pm :
i like music

Ilikemusicjb(: replied...
Apr. 22, 2011 at 2:58 pm :

so i think it will have an affect(:

sade' replied...
May 10, 2011 at 9:33 pm :
yes; I do believe that music effects teens.&So manys ways even kno that we have are own mind but there is people who is weakmind it.

K.M.S.Shear replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 6:27 am :
many of my friends lisen to music and i cant go a say without lisening it. Teens are affected by music

raindropsondaisies replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 11:30 pm :
From personal experience I know that it does. When there was no shoulder to cry on, there were my headphones. Music is the support system that never fails.

jubabee1998 said...
what year was this written in

Mariam Saeed replied...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 6:28 pm :
2009, I believe

jubabee1998 replied...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 7:38 pm :
do u believe music affects ur brain

Mariam Saeed replied...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 8:58 pm :
Honestly I just wrote this for an english class about the day before hahah I don't even agree with half the things I wrote here.

TayterTot45 replied...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:31 am :
Okay, first, add more depth to this. cite sources to make your data stronger. second, grammar problems big time! and third, be detailed! :)

YoMama replied...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm :
What was your grade on this english paper?

Celia said...
Dec. 30, 2010 at 9:54 am:
loved the ideas, but one phrase was contradictory: "People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art." Music IS art. according to wikipedia, "Music is an art form whose medium is sound." perhaps you should consider this if you plan to rewrite/edit your article.

gabyherdez said...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 9:15 am:
ny kind of music that you enjoy listening to. wether it be rap, country or scremo.

gothdeamon replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 8:50 am :
Screemo rulz!

gothchica replied...
Nov. 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm :
i love screamo

dude said...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 8:13 am:
Im at school right now, and i am bored, oh and what music makes you happy ??? :)

brando said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:56 am:
hey guys just wanted to say whats up ?

carlos spizy weiner replied...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:58 am :
its spizy hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

brando said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:53 am:
carlos spizy w says hi

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 6:55 am:

I'm sorry, please don't take offence, but this is not at all well written.

You did not provide nearly enough details as to what you were talking about. When you mentioned the study, I expected you to mention some possible reasons for this, or give a few more studies, or at least site your sources, but you did none of this. And you didn't really talk about the effects music in general has on teens. You just listed one effect of rap and then got off topic and started talking about person... (more »)