How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

Honora S. said...
I listen to a little rap but I am an Alternative girl. Rap objectifies women too much and is all about the same stuff. Why can't people rap about anything! 

authorkid replied...

usher too! he sings for everyone, not just one crowd. he doesn't objectify women either

SuperPanda409 replied...
Radio say you can rap about anything except for jesus- Kanye 

authorkid replied...
Not entirely true. People make Jesus raps.

the-ampersand This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
so OMG by usher wasn't objectifying women?

Free Mason replied...
no tru  even other songs do the same thing

nowinthecloudswith replied...
Usher's music isn't rap...its pop. And I agree with Cool, rap gets a bad name because artists like Lil Wayne and Mac Miller (ect.) are repetetive, boring, and degrading. There is a lot more to rap than money, women, and cars

Music geek replied...
Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 am
ok so this site is full of opinion.. but i agree. and its not just rap or rock that effect people... country for instance,people will listen to "red solo cup" and drink to there hearts desire b4 the drinking age, bad idea... and on the not of "christion rap" that is true they do do that... like the song "Jesus Freek" but like Fly leaf, artists know what is popular and what will drae atention... Fly leaf is a christion band.. there message is Jesus, but they are cons... (more »)

nberisha said...

this is constructive criticism, so don't be offended.

Your paragraphs were too seperated, it looked like you were writing out bullet points with out the points. You are hammering a bit. Try to use more transitions.

Also, you said that people who listen to rap are more likely to take drugs, but provided no statistics nor a source.

One last thing, you introduced the essay by mentioning several types of music, but you really only focused on two, rock and rap. Well, actually ... (more »)

nberisha replied...
interesting topic, though. I would have loved it if you were more thorough 

Annie said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:45 am
That was okay...it could use more of a point thought. about why people are affected by music...IDK.

Gabriella12<3 said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:49 am
Do you believe music truly effects teens??

Ilovemusicjb(: replied...
i like music

Ilikemusicjb(: replied...

so i think it will have an affect(:

sade' replied...
yes; I do believe that music effects teens.&So manys ways even kno that we have are own mind but there is people who is weakmind it.

K.M.S.Shear replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 6:27 am
many of my friends lisen to music and i cant go a say without lisening it. Teens are affected by music

raindropsondaisies replied...
From personal experience I know that it does. When there was no shoulder to cry on, there were my headphones. Music is the support system that never fails.

jubabee1998 said...
what year was this written in

Mariam Saeed replied...
2009, I believe

jubabee1998 replied...
do u believe music affects ur brain

Mariam Saeed replied...
Honestly I just wrote this for an english class about the day before hahah I don't even agree with half the things I wrote here.