How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

Jennarator said...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:41 pm:
I am in disagreement with this article. I think the way you wrrote it is a little choppy and could use a better flow. Also, music affects teen, but you didn't go into hardly any detail. Plus, rap and pop, at least where I am from, are two of the most hated genres I know. I don't think it was right to glorify those.

Sarathebutterfly replied...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm :
Agreed!  i think i know what your favorite music is.....

dintandmint This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:20 pm:
I think that this article is well written, but maybe you should go into more depth about how music affects us. I think that music is perhaps one of the most raw and powerful forms of self-expression. I spend the vast majority of my time with music, whether constantly listening to it, wearing music apparel, talking about music, or creating it. Music is something meant for you to become lost in, truly and movingly fullfilling to everyone involved. No matter what you listen to, so long as you list... (more »)

Kent Luber said...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 9:42 am:
Rap and pop music is big with teenagers because it tells everyone what we actually think and only ignorant parents believe that rap and pop music causes violence and other descrempences with teenagers it could be because were going to rebel aganist our parents if they dont let us listen to that kind of music

cheska:) said...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:28 am:
why is pop music an in thing among the youngster? can any one answer this.thank you:)

Cut-out-ur-eyes replied...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:31 pm :
It's called pop for a reason. POPular music. Rap is also pretty popular and thats why pop and rap mix together in a lot of songs

demon-child replied...
May 22, 2012 at 8:40 am :

because we like to listen to that stuff

cinnamon345 said...
achoo i sneezed on yo face 

LillYAnnex replied...
Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:20 pm :
Lolxz.. yo es funneh:D

Ailenieluv1517 said...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:35 am:
Can anyone tell me when this article was published or written? Like what date?(: Please.  Thanks :D

mitchyy said...
it  kool

imawesome said...
Well On This Website, Its On Teen Ink. But It Doesnt Really Talk About How It Affects Teens.

S.Shaams.Jr said...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:00 am:
what the hell is this...rap and rock aren't the most heard music genre and almost all rap songs don't include sex and drugs....does this brilliant writer know anything about music!!

blackspidey12 replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 7:40 pm :
u are so retared u dont know about music cause some teens can be involved in drugs and sex so yeah stfu cause u dont know anything about music

the-ampersand This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
good points brought up-- maybe dig more into the effect of other genres? rap and rock are widely popular, but as you mentioned-- there are also a lot of other influential genres. well done.

JuneTaz replied...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm :
what the-ampersand said! :D

RuLiZ11 said...
i agree 

JJazzSax said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 12:32 am:
I agree with this, because especially with the younger generations because so many kids listen to rap that has bad influences and they begin to start bad habits as they grow.

lol hi said...
hi chynna how are you

hi lol replied...
Sept. 21, 2011 at 2:38 pm :
ANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU