How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

karmstrong said...
I listen to Alternative and Indie. And satanist music. yum

Tchic said...
Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:05 am:
they dont play profanity on air. they actualy have a law that can shut down the station if it is played.

Stella said...
WE WANT PICTURES!

Vallerie13 said...
Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:57 am:
I listen to the radio to all types of music.

WarriorPuellaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I listen to the radio, and I listen to stations that don't have any profanity.

JaceyCrims said...
Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:38 am:
Perhaps if you were to redo this article, you could look into how music while working increased productivity and helps students learn better? It was very nice to read, and I'm big on pretty much any style of music so long as I can find someway to "bond" to it in a sense.

JaceyCrims said...
Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:38 am:

JaceyCrims replied...
Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:39 am :
And it doubled, sorry about that.

DF?/// said...
Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:40 am:
well i listen to rap and rock yet I go to one of the best schools in America.. Most of my friends here listen to rap and rock as well so your point is invalid. It depends on other factors such as your surroundings..

Disappointed said...
This article disappoints me and it is seems biased. Although two different types of music (rap and rock) were mentioned, only rap was indicated as an contributing factor to teen drug use. What about rock? What subliminal messages are sent through rock music? and their videos? From what I have seen and heard, rock videos do not display angels in heaven.  My husband has listened to rap music all his life as well as his friends, they have never used drugs and they are successful educated law a... (more »)

Ms.IntroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 9:19 am:
"The music I listen makes.." I think it's meant to be like this "The music I listen To makes..." Anyways nice article

KATE said...
Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:42 am:

this article showa da best way hw music effect teenNAGERS THIS HELPED ME A LOT IN MA LYF

Opiyamioguns// said...
Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:28 pm:
I listen to r&b music ,hip hop and radio,some songs are not good to listen to,while some are so nice and sweet,so not all songs are negative

Looking.... said...
Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:47 am:
Personally I hate pop/rap music. I totally disagree with your statment beacause it is so not true. Most of the 'youngsters' in my area hate that gene of music. 

Lykaqueen899 said...
May 21, 2012 at 10:00 pm:

Youth these days are listening to the radio and some songs have profane words within, live on air .

I think they should not put any profane words on the radio.

Taigar replied...
Sept. 24, 2012 at 12:10 am :
Even if people don't put it on the radio we kids/teens can still hear it. I don't listen to the radio and I never have, and I listen to all types of music. Profanity is common but you can listen to the clean versions if you want, but then I think listening but not using profanity can boost my low self esteem and be more confident about life. What is the best advice? Listen moderately. If you're starting to feel too influenced by the profanity stop listening to it for a while. But its... (more »)

Free Mason said...

like you said some kids are in gang not all.

No kids these days listen to the radio anymore.

demon-child replied...
May 22, 2012 at 8:39 am :

true that son

Aduke9 replied...
Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm :
I listen to the radio. And I was born in 1999.

irapeboys-jr. said...
Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:49 am:
yes i agree with demon child music just gives me hard on's