How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

erwan said...
Jul. 10 at 1:00 am:
well ... Are you Sure About THE EFFECT to teen ?

Lucas said...
Apr. 13 at 3:10 am:
The articles says studies show that people are more into rap will do drugs one time in their lives. Which "studies"?? , plz provide a link or html for such a statement plz

izzy_0314This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 25 at 10:10 pm:
I listen to music all the time and have come to find that it brings many benefits to my life and general well-being. I have also found out that making music brings me joy as well. I create songs and remixes and its actually really fun. Just thought I would share that with anyone reading this.

DazedAndConfusedInLife replied...
today at 10:11 pm :
you're so right my whole life revolves around music and writing...... they both saved my life.   And towards the writer of this,  Tons of rap and hip hop also provide good messages of course i agree with you that some of it provides a bad message but next time give credit to the rappers that provide good messages. Now in the 21st century there are even Cristian rappers. Please think about what you say next time.

shockbot said...
Mar. 24 at 8:30 pm:
music is my life. my everyday life includes music.

Agnes said...
Feb. 26 at 8:23 pm:
good website for info abt music

Wabbajack said...
Feb. 3 at 6:22 am:
I'm a teen and I mostly listen to soundtracks. I'm a bit pathetic and I get a little bit teary sometimes when there are nice, quiet parts.

Lena1700 said...
When ElsaM mention judging she didn't mean that she's pointing out their flaws she is pionting out that their music type fits with thier actions and personality.... I'm just saying

jazmin said...
musicaffects everyone in anyway possible, it DOES NOT just affect people with mental issues

cartofshame said...
Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:58 am:
i agree to because i listen to different music and i like listening to celtic music probably cause i come from a celtic background

Esha123 said...
Thats not true if someone likes what they like no one has no right to judge some one lese

ElsaM said...
Sept. 15, 2013 at 2:31 am:
I totally agree. You can basically judge a person's likes and dislikes by the music they listen to, and sometimes their personalities fit in.  I don't like rap that much, but softer rock and pop are my favs, as well as Classical. When someone feels depressed, happy, in love, etc., he/she will listen to certain songs. Feelings affect music, but music also affects feelings. Hearing a song about revenge will make a perfectly happy person recall a bad memory.   It isn't s... (more »)

darleen8 said...
Sept. 10, 2013 at 6:24 am:
What about christian or orher religion rap? It will most likely have nothing to do with that.

MichealMulkey replied...
Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:41 am :
well most rappers now day claim to "fear god" or "follow god" and it sets off a big controversy

pegasister said...
certain music only affects people with mental issues

darleen8mlpfims4! replied...
Sept. 10, 2013 at 6:29 am :
very true. But music has an affect on everyone.

goosepumpkin said...
im doing a research paper and my topic is music influence/more or less how american music influences the world with the different types of genres they come up with what other countries as well as there own feel about it and what they might have to say if you have any comments feel free to do so i need some "expert opinions" from people on the outside

Esha123 replied...
Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:46 pm :
I have the same topic

pjbutters replied...
May 19 at 7:42 pm :
me tooo i got how music lyrecs affect people in a good way

pulledheartstring said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:02 am:
My friend is doing an essay on the negative effects of rap/modern music. Sure, some songs might not affect teens, but they do promote some things that are considered immoral. I also suggest to perhaps list certain songs and use psychological evidence or some sort.