How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

DoggiesAreAwesome said...
May 21 at 6:34 pm
What is the last name of the writer?

ShayBae said...
May 8 at 2:26 pm
This is actually true. People listen to metal music or sad/depression music and they think they are "goth" or "emo"

Anna2274This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 15 at 3:21 pm
@ShayBae I don't necessarily think that they automatically assume they're in that catergory. Maybe they just like that kind of music, or the way they relate to the lyrics.

Divina said...
May 4 at 10:30 am
This is beautiful! Ilove tis essay

Riley said...
May 4 at 10:21 am
Honestly this article is poorly written. Although you do make good points but it is taken away due to your lack of grammar ex. isn't should properly be written as is not. Get your shit together and you'll be fine

afletcher said...
May 4 at 10:19 am
Nice job Kiki!! It's very relatable and amazing for your first poem. Don't stop writing. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

R*A*R said...
May 4 at 10:10 am
I want someone to tell how to write this type of essays simply.. this subject is very nice

tommy said...
Mar. 10 at 12:03 pm
''When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.'' I think this is true in some cases. However, I think that most commercial rap (and other genres) is just narrowing the view of people listening to it.. They only see those 'gangsters' partying and think that's the life. In my opinion the more underground-like rappers are generally more lyrical. Rapp... (more »)

Harpz said...
Mar. 8 at 9:32 pm
When was this article posted

LadyZThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1 at 7:29 pm
"Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas." This is a fantastic sentence!

JulianGV said...
Feb. 22 at 9:27 pm
when was this article posted?

TheGingerPrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 6 at 6:39 pm
"Music is free therapy"- Alan Ashby

Barrel_Racer123 said...
Jan. 29 at 4:44 pm
I love luke bryans music ....bcause I am country and a rodeo person that's why I loovve him :)

ukulelechick13 said...
music is life

ashlynn.craig said...
I love music, I personally am a country girl so i think the affect that the whole miley cyrus etc genre is having on teens is crazy dumb. 

Yatri Sharad replied...
Jan. 13 at 12:15 pm
umm I agree.. im a country boy who lives in cities these days and i especially think electronic and techno musics these days are really making youths dumb..

aprilanneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 17 at 12:25 pm
agreed! lol @ashlynn.craig miley cyrus and taylor swift are a disgrace to country music lol

the_blue_pheonix said...
music is a great way to express your self

Mattieb101 said...
Oct. 10, 2014 at 11:47 am
to me it can be true and false cause some people are like that and some people aint  

karkatvantas69 said...
i love music it makes me so happy