How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

_ambyKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is so true! I'm obsessed with bands (Fall out boy, My chemical romance, sleeping with sirens, etc.) and I love how the lyrics just speak to you in a way nothing else can. great job, keep writing! :)

Smarna Ravela said...
Dec. 14, 2015 at 8:41 am
Great job! U should be a journalist when u grow up. My name is Smarna. Even though I can't believe u don't love Mexican food, I respect it. ; )

runfreelionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
music will always be my first love

iloveu15 said...
music is my life I don't know what I would do with out it............

haha_no said...
Nov. 18, 2015 at 8:38 am
music is definitly my life lol. memory is a huge thing with that as well

BabySnickers15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 25, 2015 at 10:05 am
I am totally affected by music.

College Counselor said...
I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am. - This essay lacks life. The paragraph above is the only honest paragraph and it is overly simplistic. Show don't tell and share your inner self with the reader so that you are a unique individual. Too many generalities that could a... (more »)

celticstudygirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30, 2015 at 12:50 am
I love music a whole lot! I listen to a wide variety like Classical, Celtic, German Volksmusik, modern pop music, older pop music, classic rock, Elvis, Beatles, etc. I liked classical as a little kid in elementary school, Celtic in middle school, and German music in high school.

DoggiesAreAwesome said...
What is the last name of the writer?

ShayBae said...
This is actually true. People listen to metal music or sad/depression music and they think they are "goth" or "emo"

Anna2274This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
@ShayBae I don't necessarily think that they automatically assume they're in that catergory. Maybe they just like that kind of music, or the way they relate to the lyrics.

Divina said...
May 4, 2015 at 10:30 am
This is beautiful! Ilove tis essay

Riley said...
May 4, 2015 at 10:21 am
Honestly this article is poorly written. Although you do make good points but it is taken away due to your lack of grammar ex. isn't should properly be written as is not. Get your shit together and you'll be fine

afletcher said...
May 4, 2015 at 10:19 am
Nice job Kiki!! It's very relatable and amazing for your first poem. Don't stop writing. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

R*A*R said...
May 4, 2015 at 10:10 am
I want someone to tell how to write this type of essays simply.. this subject is very nice

tommy said...
''When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.'' I think this is true in some cases. However, I think that most commercial rap (and other genres) is just narrowing the view of people listening to it.. They only see those 'gangsters' partying and think that's the life. In my opinion the more underground-like rappers are generally more lyrical. Rapp... (more »)

Erica B. replied...
This is very true. The rap genre is very diverse in its subject matter. yes, there are the stereotypical rappers(Eminem), but there are a lot of other genre-bending rappers with different focuses

Harpz said...
When was this article posted

LadyZ said...
"Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas." This is a fantastic sentence!

JulianGV said...
when was this article posted?