How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

iivickieii said...
today at 11:15 am
I agree, in society today people usually listen to the same type of music in order to "fit" in.

Han_ said...
Aug. 24 at 9:36 am
I agree with this article! I think that many people out there try to find their friends that have same taste about music genre. Because they can share each other about new music, and singer or band. It can make them be more closer and relax or easy in doing sonething together.

Han_ said...
Aug. 24 at 9:36 am

Callista. said...
Aug. 24 at 7:24 am
I agree with this article. Some people gonna get conducive relation or more attractive if they like same music genre . They'll share each other maybe about new music, band, and singer. certainly on matters relating to the similarity of the genre they like.

Khaalaprodite said...
Aug. 24 at 12:39 am
literally me when i'm sad,the song that i listened is for someone that broke my heart. Its like i found the piece of him in every song i listen to

manofmirrah said...
Apr. 21 at 10:54 am
this is going to sound weird to people i only listen to instrumental music i feel an artist can convey more emotion with simply the music alone PS love the article

j1448This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9 at 1:51 pm
Building off your fourth paragraph- While rap music does tend to harbor explicit language and sexual themes, it isn't something that we should censor and it certainly isn't something that leads directly to drugs. Yes, it's profane, but it's up to the listener to decipher if the words are appropriate to use in an everyday context. Usually people are intelligent enough to do so.

bellaswan said...
Apr. 6 at 9:16 am
I agree with this article , we would listen to music with the kind of music that we like and we usually prefer to talk about the music with people who also like the same music with us . by listening to music we can also be more relaxed and easy in doing something.

BGIRL4LIFE said...
Mar. 15 at 10:57 am
I personally agree with this article because I need music when I'm doing my school work because I can't focus without my music banging in my ears. P.S. I love this article:)

Vane said...
Mar. 11 at 1:31 pm
I agree with this article, I personally thing that many people have friends because they like the same kind of music. I have personally made friends because we start to talk about music and we like the same. However, I think that if you listen rap or another kind of music, you don't have to be like everyone else that listen it, it doesn't mean nothing, just that you feel some connection with the singer or band.

Aunt Holly said...
Mar. 10 at 9:46 pm
Lily, I'm not surprised at all that you have written such a well said piece about your English teacher because you were an avid reader early. I'm so glad to hear your interest in writing has caught fire. Being able to accurately express your ideas is essential for anything you might do in your life, so ... "You GO girl!" Keep at it, you'll be glad you did.

espie said...
Mar. 2 at 10:24 am
If There is love, peace makes a difference

supergirlit said...
Jan. 29 at 3:52 pm
This is true but as you get older you are going to end up saying words like that

_ambyK said...
This is so true! I'm obsessed with bands (Fall out boy, My chemical romance, sleeping with sirens, etc.) and I love how the lyrics just speak to you in a way nothing else can. great job, keep writing! :)

Smarna Ravela said...
Dec. 14, 2015 at 8:41 am
Great job! U should be a journalist when u grow up. My name is Smarna. Even though I can't believe u don't love Mexican food, I respect it. ; )

runfreelion said...
music will always be my first love

iloveu15 said...
music is my life I don't know what I would do with out it............

Kayla877 replied...
Feb. 6 at 6:46 pm
I feel the same way lol music takes me a long way

haha_no said...
Nov. 18, 2015 at 8:38 am
music is definitly my life lol. memory is a huge thing with that as well

BabySnickers15 said...
Oct. 25, 2015 at 10:05 am
I am totally affected by music.