Drake's | Teen Ink

Drake's

By mariamelsharif BRONZE, Irivne, California
mariamelsharif BRONZE, Irivne, California

"Nothing Was the Same" is the third studio album produced by well-famous Canadian rapper and singer Drake.  Drake’s triumphant album was published in 2013, and includes features from various artists such as Jhene Aiko, Jay-Z, and Sampha. 

“Nothing Was the Same” has been labeled as an album that is well-worth listening to. 

One of the standout tracks on the album is "Started From the Bottom," which features Drake rapping about his major success throughout his career, and his starting from humble beginnings. Individuals admit that Drake’s lyrics lead to feelings of grand motivation and ambition. Other remarkable tracks on the album include “Hold On, We’re Going Home” which features Drake singing one of his most well-known and loved choruses.

As well, a personal favorite track is “From Time”, which includes multiple verses from female-artist Jhene Aiko. “From Time” could be categorized under the R&B genre, with smooth sounds and cohesive lyrics that tranquilize the mind. Drake incorporates past conversations with loved-ones into this melody, adding a unique touch to the song. 

Drake has centered this album around the ideas of remembering your beginnings, followed by schemes of prominence, accomplishments, and past relations. 

Overall, "Nothing Was the Same" has become to be known as one of Drake’s prime albums, solidifying his status as one of the highest-accomplished and powerful artists of the 21st century, and will continue his legacy as more of his work is published to the world.

This piece was written to display my high love and appreciation for Drake and his music.