Review on Drake's "Views" | Teen Ink

Review on Drake's "Views"

“ If I ever loved you I’ll always love you, that's how I was raised..” Drake, “ Keep The Family Close.”  Over the past years, Drake has been rising in the music industry. Drake had dueted with Rihana, “ What’s My Name?” in 2010 and “Work” in 2016 making both of these songs number one hits early in Drake’s career. Although, Drake was already making a living with his six albums before “Views,” and had hit number one top hit list with many of his songs from his six albums So Far Gone, Thank Me Later, Take Care, Nothing Was the Same, If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late, and What a Time To Be Alive. 

Drake’s seventh album “Views,”  was number one for thirteen weeks on the Billboard and was the number one album on the UK albums charts too. Drake’s seventh album is actually titled “Views From The Sixth”, Drake has named it this because it takes him back to his hometown Toronto, Canada and he talks overall about how his life had changed over the years. Drake throughout his songs talks deeply about how he felt throughout his past relationships, being closer to family, and how people switched up once he started getting fame. Drake is a known artist to go deeply into his emotions, thoughts, and expresses them throughout his music. 

“Redemption,” the seventh song on Views, has a mark on many after listening to this emotional chorus. “ Run your mouth, I'd rather listen to someone else, I gave your nickname to someone else, I know you're seeing someone that loves you, And I don't want you to see no one else, I don't want you here with no one else, I don't wanna do this with no one else.” Drake goes deeply into his emotions after a past relationship and he tries talking to a different person but realizes that he isn’t over the past relationship and seeing his past relationship moving on quickly from him affects him a lot.

Like many albums, though, “Views From The Sixth,”  is an emotional album that speaks about situations everyone goes through and gets you very emotional.