New Music | Teen Ink

New Music

January 25, 2022
By Anonymous

A ton of new music dropped recently. For example, Fighting Demons (Album) by Juice Wrld, B4 AVA (Album) by A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, Gunna’s DS4EVER (Album), and From the Bayou (Album) by NBA Youngboy and Birdman just to name a few. It is almost overwhelming how much new music there is to listen to. I had trouble deciding what to listen to first. 

I picked Fighting Demons Juice Wrld’s second album released after his death. Overall it isn’t bad by any means but there is nothing that pops out at the listener. I would rate it arounf a seven out of ten in comparison to all of his other work. There are a couple of good songs but to be completely honest it is pretty average. 

Moving on to B4 AVA, this was by far my favorite new project that dropped today. I always liked A Boogie, he is consistent and always puts a few great tracks that I end up playing over and over again. My favorite songs on this new project are probably Man in the Mirror and Glasses. Although there are only 7 tracks I would probably rate it around an eight and a half out of ten. At this point, any time he drops a new project there are 3 really good songs that I play on repeat for a while and then the rest are in that kind of gray area between average and good. 

Next up is NBA Youngboy (Young Boy Never Broke Again) and Birdman’s new project. I haven't listened to the entire thing yet just like the Juice Wrld album but so far it is in second place out of A Boogie and Juice. 

Moving on to Gunna, in my opinion, this album is ok. With Gunna, it is usually a hit or miss and this one was, unfortunately, a miss. There are a few good songs but I think this didn’t display his talent the way people have heard him before. He has made countless songs hits with his features but when it comes to his own music unfortunately it is not the same. As far as ranking goes I would put Juice Wrld’s project at the number one spot followed by A Boogie. Coming in at number three is Young Boy and last and certainly least is Gunna.