The Fray - The Fray This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Fray's self-titled album is a fantastic blend of pop and rock music that grabs listeners and throws them into a whirlwind of rock tempos and deep lyrics.

When I first picked it up, I felt like putting it back. The cover art had a dark feel. But after I put it in my car stereo, my opinion changed. Within the first 30 seconds of the song “Syndicate,” my foot was tapping and my fingers itching to turn up the volume.

All these songs have a lot of meaning to them. After ­listening to “Happiness,” I paused it for a few minutes and thought about what it meant. I had a similar reaction to “You Found Me.” These songs have several hidden messages. Some could incorporate them with their religion and others may relate them to a relationship.

Another reason I fell in love with this album was that it ­wasn't all “rainbows and butterflies.” Most pop music is about falling in love or having a crush. The Fray's album is different and you can find deep meaning in each song.

Faster, more hard-rock songs (“Syndicate,” “Enough For Now,” and “You Found Me”) balance perfectly with slower songs (“Happiness,” “Never Say Never”).

Even if you aren't a fan of pop or rock, this album is a good buy. As you listen, the songs form meaning and stay rooted in your mind. The ­amazing vocals, strong messages, and stellar music are worth listening to.

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:47 pm:
the fray is the best band ever!!! and btw great review!!!!

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2009 at 11:43 pm:
I really liked the review you made for the album. The Fray is a very entertaining listen. I had only listened to a couple of songs but your review has convinced me otherwise. I really liked your description. Keep writing.
God Bless,
...,

Water-splasher said...
May 21, 2009 at 8:24 pm:
Awesome job Jillo! I agrree The Fray are very stellar.