Drake- More Life album review | Teen Ink

Drake- More Life album review

Drake’s album More Life debuted on the 18th of March, 2017. His album launched as number one on the US Billboard 200, in which it caused him to go 2x platinum in Denmark and Canada. His album cover features a photograph of his dad, Dennis Graham, back in 1983 smoking a pipe and writing down a new song. “More Life”  is a Jamaican phrase that means “To wish someone well.” Though almost all of the songs drake published were all big hits his audience took a big liking to his songs “Fake Love”, “Passionfruit”, “Teenage Fever”, “Portland”, and “Free Smoke”. In fake love drake sings “I got fake people showing fake love to me.” In this song drake tries to portray the fact that a lot of people are using him for his fame, in the pre-chorus drake says “That's when they smile in my face, Whole time they wanna take my place." His friends have been being fake just to use him to become famous and steal his clout. Throughout the song he repeats the line “I can tell that love is fake, I don't trust a word you say.” He also follows the line up with “How you wanna click up after your mistakes? Look you in the face and it's just not the same.” Drake is saying that people will apologize for doing him wrong but still try to play him after. Drakes over all message in Fake Love was to show people that nowadays most people in the world will do anything in their power that they can to use you. Going from Fake Love to Passion Fruit there is a whole shift in emotions.  It goes from calling out fake friends to having complications in a long distance relationship. Drake begins the song with, “Listen

Seein' you got ritualistic

Cleansin' my soul of addiction for now

'Cause I'm fallin' apart, yeah.” Drake is saying that being so far apart is causing him stress. In the chorus he repeats, “Passionate from miles away

Passive with the things you say

Passin' up on my old ways

I can't blame you, no, no.”

He is saying that he has been changing his ways lately because of the relationship but it is mostly his fault. “I think we should rule out commitment for now

'Cause we're fallin' apart

Leavin'

You're just doing that to get even

Don't pick up the pieces, just leave it for now

They keep fallin' apart.”

Drake is really passionate about the relationship but the long distance is messing things up and it just isn't working out anymore. He ends the song with “Um, trying to think of the right thing to say.” drakes trying to end the relationship because of all the things it has caused. In his song Teenage Fever drake sings about a young love he had with someone that eventually turned into him liking someone else, “Your friends are scared to tell you you're in too far

Funny that it's always been all about you from the start

I met someone new last night and we kicked it

And I'm going back there tonight.” in the chorus drake talks about if he gave all his love would she return it back and if her love would be untrue would she be truthful to him. He ends the song with saying hes going back with the other girl because she makes him feel different.