Lady GaGa

Last year, I was watching the show "So You Think You Can Dance" when Kat Dennings introduced a performer known as Lady GaGa. At this point, I was laughing because it sounded ridiculous. But as soon as she got into the performance, the whole ambiance was sensational. From her wacky, retro wardrobe and hair do, to her dancing, she was very unique. Her voice was like a mixture of Gwen Stefani and Amy Winehouse to me. As soon as I was done listening to her sing "Just Dance" on that show live, I immediately ran to the computer and found the song on iTunes. A few months later, after the song was old news to me, radio stations began to play it. When I had heard it hundreds of times, people were just dipping their toes into the pool of GaGa I had been doing laps in for weeks. This Easter, I was given her CD "The Fame" which didn't fail to disappoint. Songs like Paparazzi, Beautiful Dirty Rich, The Fame, and Starstruck show the general obsession of the public to have their names on the screens of every television around the world. She slows it down with different songs like Brown Eyes and Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) which shows off her very different voice. The songs Paper Gangsta and Summerboy are very different and I love them! So overall, Lady GaGa, nine out of ten stars. Nine because some lyris are unneccesarily inappropriate, in songs, like LoveGame and Money Honey. But its still an album that all songs will be in your head!

vegijeni said...
I like Lady Gaga alot because she stands for what she believes and is definitly not a fake. She doesn't try to be who she's not. I love her song "Pokerface", and I agree with you, she does have some unnessecary lyrics but overall I like her alot and love your views!

tor10jax said...
I think this review is pretty good. It's your opinion and you justify it with examples of her songs.

pinkvolleyballgirl said...
i dont know if lady gaga should be praised. While she is definately unique, her whole album is full of inappropriate topics and lyrics. The beats of her songs are so catchy, that they get stuck in my head all the time and i dont even own her cd. then i listen to the words and think, "i cant believe im singing along to lyrics like-baby when its love, if its not rough it isnt fun fun oh oh" from her revealing clothing to her unnecessary lyrics, Lady gaga doesnt deserve ur nine stars, sorry.