Top Voted Movie Reviews

Here are the top voted movie reviews:

voted
#1
Twilight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Twilight”– based on the first book in the best-selling series by Stephenie Meyer – is a faithful adaptation that will satiate the thirst of fans and simultaneously captivate new audiences. The movie follows the story of Bella Swan... (more »)
359 comments
voted
#2
XXX This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   "I wish I had a video camera!" shoutsXXX over the roar of the engine. "Why?"asks Yelena, the driver. "'Cause this is gonna be one hell of atrick!" grins XXX as he parachutes off the speeding car. He... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#3
The Pursuit of Happyness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “The Pursuit of Happyness” takes you on a ride like never before - not an amusement park ride, but an emotional ride. Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith star in this heartfelt story based on the real-life experiences of Chris... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#4
Holes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “Holes” is based on a great book by Louis Sachar and is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. It has a lot of mystery and surprises. Teens will relate to the characters because they seem like an... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#5
Epic Movie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “Epic Movie” sounds like a really cool title. From its previews, the average person would think, Wow! This seems like a pretty funny movie blending lots of great movies into one funny one. I thought so too, but was I wrong. Before... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#6
Grapes Of Wrath: The Book Vs. The Movie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   Fifty years ago American novelist John Steinbeck penned that enormously successful book about a family ordered off their unproductive land, and their struggle to survive a cross-country quest for the "promised land."... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#7
Hotel Rwanda This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “You do not think you can kill themall?”“Why not? We’re half-way therealready.” - From “HotelRwanda”“Hotel Rwanda” is an excruciatinglytruthful and harsh... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#8
The Truman Show This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Some people believe that they are the center of the world. In “The Truman Show,” Jim Carrey portrays Truman Burbank, a man for whom this is true. The only problem is that he doesn’t know it. Truman... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#9
Gods and Generals This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     A human life, I think, should be well rooted in some area of native land where it may get the love of tender kinship from the earth, for the labors men go forth to, for the sounds and accents that haunt it, for... (more »)
voted
#10
Super Size Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     At least once in your life you have probably eaten at McDonald’s. “Super Size Me” is about Morgan Spurlock, a skinny, healthy filmmaker who eats only McDonald’s food for a month. One of his rules is if a clerk asks if he wants to... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#11
Invisible Children This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     A year and a half ago, I was introduced to the war in Northern Uganda at a screening of a documentary. For nearly two decades, there has been a civil war raging there. Joseph Kony is the head of the Lord’s... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#12
The Shawshank Redemption This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Based on the short story “Rita Hayworth” by Stephen King, “The Shawshank Redemption” claims an all-star cast and an ingenious plot.In this tale of hope, fear and wishful thinking, Tim Robbins... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#13
V for Vendetta This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     A cape swishes in the night. A gang of power-hungry government agents stop an attractive woman with less than honorable intentions. The masked hero saves the woman and ... speaks eloquently with impressive... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#14
Happy Feet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     The penguins are coming. Have you noticed? You can hardly walk into a store without being bombarded by penguin merchandise. With the advent of three entirely penguin-based movies (and others with penguin characters),... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#15
Meet the Fockers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     As we all know, “Meet the Parents” was one of the most hilarious movies of 2000. After the humor shock was over, the long-awaited “Meet the Fockers” arrived in theaters this winter.Returning in... (more »)
voted
#16
Coach Carter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “Coach Carter” is based on a true story and is one of my favorite films.Samuel L. Jackson plays Coach Ken Carter, a real-life coach who teaches a high-school basketball team much more than just ball... (more »)
2 comments