Top Voted Movie Reviews

Here are the top voted movie reviews:

voted
#1
American Teen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Warsaw, Indiana, is a suburban town like many others. But Warsaw was a bit different for the graduating class of 2006: four seniors and their friends were followed around by cameras, their every move and conversation documented. While sitting... (more »)
voted
#2
Burn After Reading This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Murder, blackmail, espionage – and this is a comedy? But “Burn After Reading,” the Coen brothers’ latest film, is hilarious. Joel and Ethan Coen, who directed the movie and wrote the screenplay, have created an ensemble of wacky,... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#3
Titanic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What movie comes to mind when you think of compelling, memorable characters, spectacular visual effects, a fantastic score, and a beautiful, tragic plot? What movie has captured the hearts and imagination of people of all ages around the world?... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#4
High School Musical 3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Coming back with an all-singing, all-dancing ­spectacular finale of the terrific ­trilogy wasn’t going to be easy. But Disney did it again as “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” explodes on the big screen in a huge, colorful ­display to... (more »)
21 comments
voted
#5
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When couples split, they tend to focus on the negatives in their relationship. “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,” created by Michel Gon­dry and Charlie Kaufman, applies science-fiction to the topic of memory and love. This film is... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#6
Nights in Rodanthe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Based on the best-selling novel by Nicholas Sparks, “Nights in Rodanthe” manages a few tear-jerking moments, while squandering in unrealistic events and flat suspense. Diane Lane plays Adrienne, who is soon to be divorced from her clingy... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#7
Rachel Getting Married This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Anne Hathaway has been categorized too often as today’s “good girl,” starring in such flicks as “The Princess Diaries” and “Ella Enchanted.” That stereotyping began to break down when she appeared in “Brokeback Mountain,” and it... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#8
Repo! The Genetic Opera This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Welcome to the year 2057. All around the world, people are dropping dead from organ failure. GeneCo, a bio-technology company headed by Rotti Largo (Paul Sorvino), specializes in organ replacement and even offers a payment plan similar to a car... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#9
Elephant This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The title of Gus Van Sant’s 2003 drama, “Elephant,” refers to the phrase “elephant in the room,” or a serious issue that people refuse to acknowledge and resolve. The issue here is violence in American schools. The film trails... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#10
Dan in Real Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I recently watched the 2007 movie “Dan in Real Life,” starring Steve Carell, Juliette Binoche, and Dane Cook. Classified as a comedy, drama, and romance, this movie will capture the attention of any viewer. “Dan in Real Life” is a quality... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#11
Revolutionary Road This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet star as Frank and April Wheeler, a young couple unfulfilled by their mundane life in the suburbs. When they settle down on ­Revolutionary Road, they ­realize that their dream of ­marital bliss is quickly... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#12
Seven Pounds This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Seven Pounds” is a movie about self-sacrifice and love, starring the incredible Will Smith and Rosario Dawson. This deeply moving tale, nominated for six awards, will have viewer contemplating its deeper meaning and captivated by its genuine... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#13
Confessions of a Shopaholic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Confessions of a Shopaholic,” a romantic ­comedy based on the novel by Sophie Kinsella, will touch your heart and tickle your ­funny bone. Don’t let the title fool you – this is more than your average chick flick. The unique characters... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#14
God Grew Tired Of Us This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When Sudan's second civil war began in the 1980s, 27,000 boys from Dinka Tribe fled their homeland seeking refuge in Kenya. These boys – ranging in age from three to their late teens – became known as the Lost Boys. “God Grew Tired of... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#15
Enchanted This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Contrary to popular belief, there isn't always a light at the end of the tunnel … or the well. That is exactly what Princess Giselle (Amy Adams) discovers when she is cast down one by the evil Queen Narissa (Susan Sarandon) ­because of the... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#16
13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There’s usually nothing worse than adults trying to portray what it’s like to be a teenager. When friends of my family took me to see the Broadway musical “13” as a birthday gift, I was polite but skeptical. However, the show, with its... (more »)
2 comments