Bridge to Terabithia | Teen Ink

Bridge to Terabithia

By salmaroxursocks SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
salmaroxursocks SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

to fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already 3000 parts dead.

Bridge to Terabithia is about an insecure young boy and an imaginative young girl who work hand in hand to create an imaginary world that brings a great lack of self confidence and teaches a great deal of lessons. This movie stars Josh Hutcherson, AnnaSophia Robb, Baillie Madison, Zooey Desanchel, and Robert Patrick and was directed by Gabor Csupo. While watching this movie, I loved the dynamic visuals that formed in my mind as my eyes were glued to the screen. The writing was excellent, excluding for certain parts that were changed from the book. For example, the part of Leslie was supposed to be a girl who dresses like she is poor. In this movie, she dresses as if her classmates were farm workers and she was the rich, city girl. This movie had excellent animation, and the actors were perfect for their parts. AnnaSophia Robb showed a great deal of imagination and creativity as she brought the movie to life with her presence. The rest of the crews acting was so amazing, that it touched me and my classmates hearts. It is not a mistake taking your child to this movie because it teaches about love, loss, and, self confidence. I recommend this movie for all age groups and in total give it 4 stars.

salma1only said...
why would i be offended by that? its your opinion. personally i like the movie. i just reviewed it.

bayleem GOLD said...
bayleem GOLD, Yarmouth, Maine

"Best Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.”

ughh no offence but i hated that movie and i hate the end

Jennifer van den Bogerd BRONZE, Fenwick, Other
Having watched Bridge to Terabithia shortly after a traumatic experience in my life, it moved me. The way Jesse (Hutcherson) dealt with his grief was something I was able to connect to. I believe it is important to note some of the history behind this story. Author of the book, Katharine Peterson, wrote it as a way to cope with the death of her 8 year old son's friend who was struck and killed by lightning while on vacation. Her son ended up producing the Walt Disney movie of Bridge to Terabithia, and over the years, whether in book or movie format, its popularity is undying. I love Bridge to Terabithia

Thank you for selecting and rating my article!