A Better LIfe | Teen Ink

A Better LIfe

By IMeannn..... SILVER, Sacramento, California
IMeannn..... SILVER, Sacramento, California

Have you ever wondered what immigrants go through? In A Better Life a migrant worker named Carlos and his son Luis go through so many obstacles while in America. This movie will leave you curious about why things happen the way they do.

Carlos works very dangerous jobs to make money for him and his son Luis. He works very high in the trees only hanging from a harness but, he’ll do whatever it takes to make sure they have what they need.

Carlos struggles to keep his son away from gangs and immigration agents while trying to give his son the opportunities he never had. While he's doing that he gets the one thing that gets him around stolen.

Luis and Carlos try to track down the guy who stole it. When they catch the guy who stole it Luis starts beating him up but Carlos told him to stop Luis got mad and said ‘you wont hit the bastard who stole your truck but you'll hit your son’. That line to me stuck out because why didn't he hit the guy who stole his truck but hit his own son.
With all of that I recommend that you watch this movie because it's a great movie and it will leave you to your own imagination at the end.

A great movie