The Princess Bride | Teen Ink

The Princess Bride

By ejoy5 SILVER, Cannon Falls , Minnesota
ejoy5 SILVER, Cannon Falls , Minnesota

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”  This quote is a number one quote that is talked about and displayed. Some observers also are even familiar with it, even if they are not acquainted with the movie “The Princess Bride”. This is one of my favorite movies since I was little. I was introduced to it by my sister and ever since then I have enjoyed it.  It's one of my favorite movies for family movie nights. This movie is known for a number of quotes that we might have heard, even if we aren’t familiar with the movie. The novel written by William Goldman was brought to life by the director, Rob Reiner. “The Princess Bride” stands out because of its actors, main characters, and film details.

First, the actors of this movie, there wouldn’t be any movie if it wasn’t for them. All of them do a great job in their acting skills. They’re always playing their part and staying in character through the movie. One thing that I like most about this movie is the humor that some of the characters show. It’s good to have a laugh while watching a good movie and these characters are great at making sure we enjoy this movie. There are a couple characters in this movie that really stood out to me.

Next, the main characters do a great job with what they do. The two main characters are Buttercup, played by Robin Wright, and Westley, who’s played by Cary Elwes. Buttercup and Westley are lovers that go through a lot in order to be together. They adventure through the Fire Swamp, face the Six Fingered Man, and are barely reunited. Their love story adds excitement and adventure to this movie. Without them, the feelings would be absent. Both of the actors put a lot of work into this film. Cary Elwes even had to fence both left and right handed for some fighting scenes in this movie. These were not little fun fights, in some cases, they were life and death combats. Being able to fight both left and right handed must have been hard, especially the skills he shows in the movie with both of his different hands. None of this, though, could be the same without a couple of small details that make a movie a movie.

Lastly, the film details and what it took to create this thrilling movie which is appreciated by many. One of the most important details I noticed watching this is the beautiful scenery and where they filmed it. There are many beautiful landscapes: cliffs, seas, and rolling hills. The only problem in this film is that there are a couple mistakes in the film quality. There is a certain scene that viewers can tell it is a stunt double. They didn’t edit this part to make it look like the real actor. Throughout the movie, watchers may notice some errors were they could’ve been fixed by some better editing. Even though it still has some mistakes, it's still fairly decent for a movie filmed in 1987. The sound quality is good though, even if there are some faults in the other features. I haven’t noticed anything about the sound that I don’t like or that stands out. So, even though there are a couple mistakes are here and there, it is still a nicely produced film.

In conclusion, the actors, the main characters, and the film details make “The Princess Bride” a good movie and makes it stand out. This is a good movie for all. It contains romance, suspense, fighting, and humor. It is enjoyable for everyone and fits many different people’s likings of movies. Everyone can watch it and find something in it that appeals to them. The quotes are even better in the movie, which I found out when my sister showed me. I think that everyone should watch it. Who knows they might fall in love with it.