Thor: Ragnarok | Teen Ink

Thor: Ragnarok MAG

November 29, 2017
By Jeremiah25 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Jeremiah25 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Marvel’s third installment of the Thor series, “Thor: Ragnarok,” was released in theaters on November 3, 2017. It received an impressive rating of 93% from Rotten Tomatoes after its first viewing. I recently watched it and thought it was a well produced movie. “Thor: Ragnarok” has a blend of amazing acting, spectacular special effects, and an interesting storyline.


Chris Hemsworth (Thor) really owned his part, especially in this sequel. His acting skills made Thor’s heroic personality come to life when it came to saving his home planet, Asgard. He demonstrated a sense of assurance in who he was, but he also showed ambition and doubt about his future as a protector of people. He made the movie intense, but added the right amount of comedy for the younger audience. Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki, Thor’s brother, played a good antihero. Even though they had a difficult relationship, the brotherly bond between Loki and Thor was evident. As the movie continued, Loki grew on the audience. He was smart and frankly, pretty funny. His character was relatable to people since he was an adopted child who was always overshadowed by his older brother. Anthony Hopkins (Odin), Thor’s father, really made the dialogue come to life. You could tell he studied and mastered his lines. Cate Blanchett (Hela) also did a good job playing the antagonist of the movie.


The special effects crew and production designers really did their work. When Thor’s hammer shattered into a bunch of pieces, it looked amazingly realistic. Actually, all of the scenes with the hammer soaring and battling people looked as if they were actually happening. The scenery of Asgard and Sakaar looked like it was straight out of a comic book. For people that don’t know, Hulk isn’t really played by an actual person in the movie. Mark Ruffalo does the voice over, but he doesn’t actually appear in the movie except for when in the form of Bruce Banner. Hulk is computerized, but you can’t tell because they have done such a good job on him.


No movie can be truly excellent without an interesting storyline. Marvel has been planning all their movies to culminate in the highly anticipated movie, “Avengers: Infinity War” due out in May 2018. “Thor: Ragnarok” has a great storyline sequence. The whole prophecy where Odin had to die and Hela had to invade Asgard was interesting by itself, but the real cliffhanger was when the producers decided to make Thor lose one of his eyes while fighting Hela. That really shocked the audience, including me. Another interesting twist comes toward the end of the movie when Loki steals one of the infinity stones hidden in Asgard’s treasures. Maybe this is the reason that the Asgardians’ spaceship, which is led by Thor, bumps into Thanos’s ship?


In conclusion, “Thor: Ragnarok” is a good movie and I enjoyed watching it. I recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys interesting plot lines and quality filmmaking.