Beauty and the Beast | Teen Ink

Beauty and the Beast

By IkOsaghae BRONZE, CUTLER BAY, Florida
IkOsaghae BRONZE, CUTLER BAY, Florida

On March 23, Walt Disney Pictures released one of their biggest film projects ever- Beauty and the Beast. This film stars Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as The Beast/The Prince. To start off, in my opinion, their could not have been a better cast for this movie. Every single cast member perfectly portrays its role. For example, everybody knows Gaston as the evil, self-hearted antagonist of the whole story. Luke Evans from my point of view was consistently resembling his character throughout the whole story. Honestly, for every Live-Action remake of a past film that Disney creates, from my perspective, they do not live up to its expectations. But for this movie, I knew it was going to be a hit just by overseeing the cast and all the films trailers. I even asked my parents to see it the day it came out because of my excitement. I know this may not seem as important for other viewers, but the architecture of the different settings were remarkable. From all of the marble tiles and golden chandeliers in the Beast’s castle, to the old- French theme in Belles town, there were plenty of things to be looking at throughout the film. The architecture perfectly highlighted the elegance and culture of the setting. Now let’s talk about the music. Wow! Alan Menken and Howard Ashman, the films composers definitely blew me away. Emma Watsons singing was incredible. And the duet with Ariana Grande and John Legend, all I can say is phenomenal! The legendary opera singer, Audra McDonald sings her Aria at the very beginning of the movie and a shorter reprise of the iconic song, “Beauty and the Beast”/”Tale as Old as Time” at the very end of it. Ewan McGregors representation of “Be Our Guest” and Josh Gads solo in “Gaston” were also two amazing things to take interest in. Emma Thompson also made a top-notch version of Tale as Old as Time. For this Live-Action remake of a classic, Disney introduced a new character. Maestro Cadenza is a harpsichord who is married to Madame de Garderobe, portrayed by Audra McDonald. In all honesty, this film could not have been better. My rating for this movie is 10/10 .