Passengers | Teen Ink

Passengers

By SeanP BRONZE, Milton, Delaware
SeanP BRONZE, Milton, Delaware

Passengers- suspenseful and surprising, romantic and action packed, powerful and enlightening. The movie Passengers can fill your brains of action, romance, and suspense. Passengers, a movie that came out on December 21, 2016; it has some of the best stars acting in the movie I’ve seen, which are Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. The most cost $120 million to make. This movie has a great concept because it’s like Castaway meets the Martian. During the whole movie, it will give you the feeling if you would have done this or that and have the feelings and the emotions of the characters Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence play. This movie really plays with your emotions and really gets you to feel like it could be you there.

On a routine journey through space to a new home in a 120-year-journey, two passengers (Jim Chris Pratt and Aurora Jennifer Lawrence), sleeping in suspended animation, are awakened 90 years too early when their ship malfunctions. Jim first wakes up to complete silence, just the sight of everything that is in the ship, the ship’s walls which are white, and the gleams of light in the darkness through the windows; Jim was so hungry for any other food he would have ate a horse. The ship is like an apocalyptic world.  Then after a year and a half Aurora awakens. “We were woken too soon… Ninety years too soon.” said by Jim “We have to go back to sleep” said by Aurora “We can’t!” said Jim. When they go to the dining hall Aurora gets high class food but Jim gets low class food which smells of meat and tastes slimy and beefy. As Jim and Aurora face living the rest of their lives on board, with every luxury they could ever ask for, they begin to fall for each other, unable to deny their intense attraction until they discover the ship is in grave danger. With the lives of 5,000 sleeping passengers at stake, only Jim and Aurora can save them all.

If you like action and romantic films you will love this movie. Passengers contains a little bit of everything for every type of person. It has action, love, survival, and engineering. This movie has to be one of the best I’ve seen for a while: it is a real homerun. The movie will really get you immersed into the plot and characters it will get you to feel the helplessness, loneliness, and horror. Passengers will get you to ask yourself the same questions that pop up in the character’s heads and get you to wonder how you would deal with the situation if you were there.  I encourage you to go see this movie so you can go on this fun emotional roller coaster.