Lion | Teen Ink

Lion

The movie Lion shares the heartwarming tale of Saroo, a 5 year old from India. Saroo falls asleep on a train one day and is separated from his family. Throughout the movie, Saroo encounters obstacles that prevent him from finding home. He eventually ends up in an orphanage where he is later adopted by a kind couple from Australia. Twenty years later, Saroo is an adult and starts to remember memories from his childhood. Saroo eventually finds his way home by using Google Earth and his reunited with his biological family. This movie brought tears to my eyes and those around me. What surprised me was that this was a true story. I'm very happy for the real life Saroo. The acting was absolutely wonderful with Sunny Pawar killing his role as Saroo and Dev Patel being wonderful as always. I would definitely recommend this movie for all ages. 

This movie opens the eyes of many to the cruel reality of life because everyday children around the world are separated from their families. I think it is important that people watch this movie because it also illustrates the poverty that exists in the world. Although, we may have a comfortable life this does not hold true for others and it is important to understand that. I hope that people understand that when watching the movie.