Birdemic: Shock and Terror | Teen Ink

Birdemic: Shock and Terror

May 14, 2017
By WiseWizard101 BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
WiseWizard101 BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's the purple people eaters" (Masterminds).


“Birdemic: Shock and Terror,” is a movie about mutant birds attacking helpless citizens. Two Californian citizens manage to fight back against the birds with weapons like coat hangers and guns. Aside from the atrocious acting, the “CGI” consists of clip art and gif birds that seemingly float there looping the same animation over and over again. Once the birds do die by gunfire the animation looping bird is replaced with a bird that falls over and disappears on camera. Even if the movie had good acting and CGI the movie would still be mortifying to watch because the story doesn’t make any logical sense and is uninteresting. The movie uses a lot of Deus ex machina in a non-comedic way, they simply couldn’t make the story go on without the writer putting himself in a corner. There are a lot of really dumb decisions and concepts like when the birds dive-bomb the ground they explode on impact. In one point of the movie the protagonists need gasoline for their van and while at the gas station there is a gas canister next to there car and they just leave it because they only have an entire 5 minutes before the birds attack them. Apparently it’s too difficult to lift the canister into the van and get in it in 5 minutes. There is so much more to be said about this movie but this is the basis of why this is a terrible movie. 1/10 would not recommend.