God's Not Dead | Teen Ink

God's Not Dead

March 26, 2017
By joellewilkins SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware
joellewilkins SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Have courage and be kind.


“Atheists say that no one can prove the existence of God, and they’re right. But I say no one can disprove that God exists.” I decided to watch this movie, not only because it’s one of my favorites but because it makes you question the question we all ask ourselves, “Is God real?” Well that’s just one of the questions we ask while watching this movie. It puts our faith to the test, and makes us question our existence as well as Gods.


“God’s Not Dead” is a drama based film directed by Harold Cronk. A freshmen in college, Josh Wheaton (Shane Harper) is put to the test in his philosophy class to prove to his Professor, Professor Radisson (Kevin Sorbo) that God is not dead. Professor Radisson is an atheist and makes every student of his write, “God’s dead” on a piece of paper as a grade. Only Josh can’t bring himself to tell a lie on something he knows is not true. Josh now has to find the courage to defend God in front of many who don’t believe.


Personally as a Christian, I dedicate my life to God, and my love towards God. My life as a Christian should make non- believers question their disbelief in God. And this is just what Josh is doing, he is standing up for his God and making those who disbelieve, believe. Throughout the movie, it shows different perspectives and their journeys of finding God. It shows those with faith and those who are questioning God.


One question we all ask is if God is so powerful, why does bad things happen to good people, and why does good things happen to bad people? In this movie, it explains that perfectly. “Sometimes the devil allows people to live a life free of trouble because he doesn’t want them turning to God. Sin is like a jail cell except it is nice and comfy and there doesn’t seem to be any need to leave. The door is wide open. Until one day it slams shut and then you realize it’ too late.” I’d rather live my life in trouble with God by my side then live my eternity in trouble with no one by my side.”


I highly recommend this movie to those who question their faith and the existence of God. C.S Lewis says, “Only a real risk can test the reality of a belief.” It takes courage to test the reality that God is not dead. It takes bravery to stand up to those who don’t believe and try to persuade them that God is real.