Paul Blart: Mall Cop | Teen Ink

Paul Blart: Mall Cop MAG

By Daniel Schmidt BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Daniel Schmidt BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

A shopping mall is under siege at Christmas time! Is this really the plot of a comedy?

In “Paul Blart: Mall Cop,” Kevin James (from TV's “The King of Queens” and the movie “I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry”) will have you rolling on the floor with laughter at his clumsy antics.

Paul is not the most physically fit guy and also suffers from hypoglycemia (which makes it difficult for him to go for long without eating). When he fails the obstacle course in his police training, Paul gets a job as a mall cop. Unfortunately, he is made fun of not only by his coworkers but also everyone in the mall.

Paul is single and lives with his mother and beloved daughter, Maya (Raini Rodriguez). Maya and her grandmother are out to find Paul a perfect match using the Internet. However, Amy (played by Jayma Mays from “Red Eye”) comes into Paul's life when she begins working at a kiosk in the mall. Paul is determined to impress her, but crashing his Segway scooter doesn't make for a good first impression, and falling through a restaurant window after drinking too much doesn't improve his chances with her either. In another hilarious scene, Paul gets called to a Victoria's Secret store to calm down a customer who is in an argument over a bra … and gets beaten up by the woman.

One busy holiday shopping day as the mall is about to close, Paul is asked to lock up the arcade. He becomes caught up in a game of “Guitar Hero” and doesn't realize that the mall is under attack by a gang of criminals disguised as Santa's helpers.

When Amy is taken hostage, the movie becomes an exciting whirlwind as Paul transforms from awkward mall cop into hero.

The movie is rated PG, and I recommend it for all ages. A few scenes could scare young children, but the next scene will have even the little ones laughing again.

Davie123 said...
on Sep. 24 2009 at 4:02 pm
Excellent review. I saw the movie and really liked it too!

on Mar. 30 2009 at 11:39 pm
meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
I loved this movie. hillarious and good acting.

-britneyspears (not really...hahaha)