Beverly Hills Chihuahua | Teen Ink

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

By Lilian Ramirez BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Lilian Ramirez BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

They say a dog is a girl's best friend, but don't you think some people just spoil them too much? This is exactly how a white Chihuahua is in Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Chloe, played by Drew Barrymore, is a spoiled and bratty Chihuahua from Beverly Hills. Her owner Vivian, played by Jamie Lee Curtis, is a successful business owner that sells cosmetics. Her niece Rachel Ashe played by Piper Perabo is in town and is asked to look after Chloe while Vivian goes on a business trip.

Rachel and Chloe don't like each other. Rachel thinks Chloe is a spoiled dog, while Chloe thinks Rachel is irresponsible. Rachel decides to go on a trip to Mexico with Chloe. While Rachel goes to a club, Chloe gets stolen and taken to Mexico City. There she finds out that she is in the dog fights. She meets other dogs like Rafa, (Oscar Sotelo) Chucho,( Luis Guzman) , and a German Sheppard named Delgado(Andy Garcia).Delgado frees all the dogs and saves her from being eaten by El Diablo (played by Edward James Olmos.) Back at home she has a dog that is in love with her. He is her gardener named Papi (George Lopez). After knowing what happened, he and his owner Sam (Manolo Cardona) went to Mexico to help.

Now Delgado wants to bring Chloe back to Beverly Hills, he is being followedwed by Vasquez, the leader of the dog fights and El Diablo. They encounter many things like wild cats, a group of Aztec Chihuahuas. At the end Chloe realizes that there is more to life than just money. She also falls in love with Papi. Delgado goes back to the police force after using his nose to save Chloe and Papi at the end. I am not going to tell you how they got rescued because you have to see it yourself.

This movie was a very fun movie. It also teaches Chloe a lesson about the value of life. It is a good movie for all those dog lovers out there. Stunts made by dogs look very realistic. There are a lot of complications but at the end there is a happy ending.

meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
I loved the movie. Chloe is is so cute, the same as almost all dogs!

Go Chihuahua's!