Bridge to Terribithia | Teen Ink

Bridge to Terribithia

By Corey Tirado BRONZE, Rochester, New York
Corey Tirado BRONZE, Rochester, New York

Bridge to Terribithia is a fantasy picture based on the book by Katherine Patterson who won the Newberry award.

This movie is about a boy named Jess who has no friends and a girl named Leslie lives next door. She shows him the way of imagination. In the story they both fight imaginary creatures and both find the meaning of friendship.

My favorite character is Jess because he is like me by tries to fit in and eventually does. Jess (Josh Hutcherson) and Leslie (Anna Sophia Robb) have great personalities to fit this character/part because they completely act like the characters in the story in Katherine Patterson's book. Josh Hutcherson is in a lot of well known movies like 'Underdog'. With Gabor Csupo directing it turned out to be really popular. Leslie is very nice and has a wild imagination when Jess is shy and depressed.

I would rate this 4 stars because it's very emotional when Jess goes to a museum. People who like fantasy and action must see this movie. This movie shows a unique way of friendship because its two different personalities come together. They have a great relationship. They discover so much together!!!!