Step Brothers | Teen Ink

Step Brothers

By JacobH BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
JacobH BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“Step Brothers” is one of the funniest movies ever. Here are is a funny quote to prove it. “Did you rub your butt on my drum set? No I was watching cops. I know for a fact that you did because cops doesn't’ start till four.” And there are a lot more funny moments in the movie that I will tell you about later in my review. “Step Brothers” is a movie made in 2008. Directed by Adam Scott. “Step Brothers” is  a movie about two forty old men Dale Doback (John C Reilly) and Brennan Huff ( Will Ferrell) who still live with their divorced parents. Robert Doback ( Richard Jenkins) and Nancy Huff ( Mary Steenburgen) is Dale’s dad and Brennan's mom, who get remarried to each other, and that's when the chaos begins.”Spoiler Alert”  “Step Brothers” to me is one of the funniest movies of all time.

A early in the movie
After Nancy and Robert get married. Nancy and Brennan move in with Robert and Dale. And the first thing Dale says to Brennan is “ you have to call me dragon” and then Brennan responds with “ well you have to call me nighthawk”. After that they go inside and eat. While they are eating Brennan is just staring at Dale and making him uncomfortable. Then Dale asks for Nancy’s special sauce and Brennan just grabs it and dumps it all on to his plate. After they are done eating Dale gives Brennan a house tour. And the number one rule is don’t touch Dale’s drumset. Then for a while they just argue over how much they hate each other; and, how Brennan wants to move out . And now to the meat and potatoes of the movie.

After about a week or so at the new house Brennan’s brother Derek (Adam Scott) came to visit. Brennan hates his brother with a passion because when Brennan was in high school at a talent show. Derek got all his football buddies to say “Brennan has a mangina”, during his solo. And till this day Brennan has never sang in front of people. So when Brennan heard that Derek was close he went up in Dale’s treehouse in the backyard. Derek was being a jerk to Dale so he went up in the treehouse too. Then Derek climbed up and saw that Dale was pissed at him and said, “ you want to hit me right now don’t you well then do it” Then Dale nailed Derek right in the face and Derek fell down about ten feet. That’s what started Dale and Brennan’s friendship. The first thing they did as friends was show off their toys. Dale brought out his super high tech night vision goggles. Then Brennan brought out his katana signed by Randy Jaxson. Dale was confused why Randy Jaxson but Brennan said “ it was the only thing he had on him you wouldn’t miss a chance to something signed by Randy Jackson.” The next thing they did as friends was build bunk beds. The only problem they didn’t make it sturdy enough and it fell right on Brennan .After that Robert organized some interviews and was about to kick them out of the house but Nancy wouldn’t let that happen. At all the interviews they were terrible and had no s*** at the good. One of the interviews they said ‘ we are changing the tables and we are interviewing you now”. That didn’t end too well.  Then on the final one it was for a sports place ad everything was going good, they were about to shake hands and say you got the job but Dale let out a ten second and the person that was interviewing them said “ yup I can taste it.” After that they had to walk home and Brennan said let's go and started going down the fastest way. Dale said no lets just go around the far way. Brennan was confused why and said no lets just go the fast way it's been a bad day. Dale agreed but said you are going to regret it. They were about half way home as they walked by a school playground. That's when it got bad, a bunch of 13 year old kids started beating up Dale and Brennan. As they had them stuck to the ground with just bodie over them they made Brennan lick white dog crap. After he licked it they let them go and Dale and Brennan ran home and as they were running Dale said I bet you wish we would've gone the long way.

The end of the move
After the interviews Robert was furious with them. But what pulled Robert’s last straw is when Dale and Brennan crashed Robert’s dream boat while they were shooting a music video, and no one was behind the wheel. After that Robert divorced Nancy and Dale and Brennan were blaming each other and tried to kill each other. Then Dale and Brennan went their separate ways. Dale became a worker at a catering place and Brennan works for his brother. And as a worker for Derek made Brennan host the Catalina wine mixer and invites Nancy and Robert and hires the catering place Dale works for not knowing that he worked there. It was all going good until the lead singer quit because of the crowed. And Derek blames Brenan for it and fires him. Right after that Robert encourages Dale and Brennan to put up a show. Brennan took the mic and Dale sat behind the drumset and they started playing Con Te Partiro. Everything went great and Derek hired Brennan again and Dale and Brennan became friends again. Six months later Nancy and Robert get remarried and that is the last scene in the movie.

Overall/ conclusion
Overall “Step Brothers” is a funny movie that 13+ year olds should watch. One thing that makes the movie so funny are the quotes. Here are some examples  “Today I saw my own son use a bicycle as a weapon. You yelled ‘rape’ at the top of your lungs.” said by Nancy. Another is
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” said by Dale. I would highly suggest you watch this hilarious movie.