Benchwarmers | Teen Ink

Benchwarmers

By carrie.s BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
carrie.s BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

" Death is the solution to all problems, No man-No problems" by Joseph Stalin

My sister and I had the best time watching “Benchwarmers” and we still watch it today.This movie was released April 7th 2006, it turned a decade old this past year. This movie is a comedy/sport movie with a huge cast. The cast is recognized for being in other movies.This is a great movie that teaches you to not bully and to be yourself.

This movie does not really have an original plot. It about a team of people who don't fit in playing a sport. It somewhat sounds like the movie Dodgeball,but this movie is a little different. I think this movie could have been better if it had more of a plot we haven't already seen. The plot is played out really good and there is an amazing twist that none of you will be expecting. This movie is about three guys who were bullied in school and now they live in the shadows.

Gus(Rob Schneider), Clark(Jon Heder) and Richie(David Spade) are these three guys that live in the shadows and are just ordinary people, They were bullied in high school because they were nerds. When these guys see a group of kids being bullied, they had enough. They went over  and started helping them. Next, the guys and the kids team up with Nelson's(Max Prado) dad millionaire Mel(Jon Lovitz) to build a baseball stadium  to set up a tournament.*

When these guys get the stadium built they start the tournament. They do pretty good but they also have to play the bullies. After they play a guy breaks gus’s hand and he is now unable to play. When gus’s secret gets out that he was a bully in highschool the team gets upset and he quits. He tries to make it better with the kid he picked on.

The last game starts off horribly, the team they were playing was very awesome. The coach was a jerk and laughed as the benchwarmers were losing.The team actually started helping the benchwarmers telling what to do and teaching them skills. The benchwarmers are loving the game and they end up winning.The team then goes to the famous pizza place and they all have fun and the movie has a happy ending.

This movie had an  unoriginal plot and the jokes were kind of dumb but funny. This movie is very popular in my family and my sister and I love to sit and watch it. We once watched it three time in a row. This movie is on my top favorite movie list, it could be better but I love it just the way it is.

I hope after this review people will watch the movie.

I chose this movie because me and my sister love watching it.