Fantastic Mr. Fox | Teen Ink

Fantastic Mr. Fox

January 24, 2017
By Langdon2202 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Langdon2202 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever watched a movie that made you laugh, made your stomach hurt and made you start crying? Do you like cheesy movies or weird little,fun movies? If you like those types of movies you may love this movie. It’s animated with foxes running around. I will tell you about the lesson that Mr. Fox learns.

 

The movie is about a fox who was a thief that stole birds from farms and other crops with his wife. But then they both get caught in a cage and Mr. Fox’s wife makes him promise to quit his job of stealing birds. A few years later Mr. Fox, his wife and son Ash live in a hole in the ground. But then Mr. Fox decides that he doesn’t want to live in a hole anymore because he is fifteen fox years old. His dad died at seventeen fox years old so he knew he could die at anytime. Mr. Fox, his wife and son move out of their home into a huge tree on the top of a hill with the view of a turkey, chicken and apple cider farm.


Mr. Fox gets the idea to do one last heist with the help of his friend Possum and they steal two chickens. But Mr. Fox enjoys it too much and then goes out again the next night and takes 20 chicken and geese from the farm. The next time he goes out his wife catches him trying to sneak out of the house. He ends up getting seen by one of the farmers and the farmer follows him to Mr. Fox’s home in the tree. The farmer goes to meet up with other farmers and they go sit outside the Fox’s home. The next night they try to kill Mr. Fox but when Mr. Fox comes out of his hole they only shoot off his tail. The lead farmer takes the tail and uses it as a tie. They start to dig down into Mr. Fox's home so then the foxes start to dig and end up meeting up with the other animals at the bottom of the tunnel and they were getting hunted because of what Mr. Fox had done.


They make an area where they live underground all together and they dig tunnels to each of the farms. While the three farmers are trying to dig up Mr. Fox the head farmer decides to put a mix of apple cider and water down the hole to flood out the animals. The animals flow down the tunnel because of the water. They go into one of the drainage pumps at the apple cider farm and get locked into the drainage room. Mr. Fox’s nephew was not in the tunnel because he was in the house of the apple cider farmer trying to steal back Mr. Fox’s tail. The farmers go into the drainage room and see that they have captured the animals. While they try to kill the animals the nephew swings down and tries to save everyone with his kung fu-power. He fights the farmers while the animals escape back up the tunnel. 


I hope you will enjoy this movie. It is a very fun, cheesy movie. It is also a book that my mother used to read this to me when I was a little boy. I like the movie because it brought back memories of my mother reading it to me. My favorite part of the movie is Mr. Fox because he is a very smart and genius fox but gets himself into trouble very easily. He can think of a way out very easily as well. I learned from this movie not to make your wife mad at you.