The Princess and The Frog | Teen Ink

The Princess and The Frog

November 27, 2016
By Aleah1228 BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
Aleah1228 BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Disney movie The Princess and the Frog was a beautiful, heart-warming motion picture. The movie taught how dreams can be achieved with hard work and perseverance. Also, it had the theme of romance along the journey to success. In The Princess and the Frog, the more uplifting themes far outweighed the heavier themes of loss in the motion picture.


This dazzling, Disney movie was about a hard working, determined, young African-American woman named Tiana. Tiana’s dream was to open a restaurant with her dad. She visioned that people from all over world would come to taste her food. Sadly, her dad died when Tiana was a young girl. Tiana lived in an impoverished community in New Orleans with her mother, Eudora. Money was a bit of a challenge. Tiana worked two jobs and saved every cent so that she could save up for her restaurant.


One night, Tiana was invited to a party with her childhood friend Charlotte La Bouff, who was a debutante. From that night forward, Tiana’s journey to achieve her dream restaurant took a turn when she kissed a frog at the party thinking he was a prince. In hopes of helping the frog return back to his original human body form, Tiana was quite surprised of the result. She goes on an exciting, eye-opening, and unforgettable journey and learns if “you dig a little deeper, you’ll find everything you need.”


Over the course of her journey, Tiana and the frog, Naveen, who was the Prince of Maldonia, fell in love. Tiana re-evaluates what she truly wants in her life. Prince Naveen of Maldonia got tangled up with the shadow man, Dr. Facilier, who is a dark character who spreads corruption and who turned Prince Naveen into a frog.


Not only does this captivating motion picture emphasize striving to achieve your dreams but also emphasizes sticking to goals. There were many people who doubted Tiana but she never gave up. She fought for what she wanted and realized what she truly desired.


If “you dig a little deeper, you’ll find everything you need.”