The Godfather | Teen Ink

The Godfather

November 17, 2016
By halhajjiri20 BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
halhajjiri20 BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Great men aren’t born great, they grow great”


A quote I loved, as The Godfather tells us becoming great isn’t easy. You aren’t just given it, you have to earn it. You have to fight for it. That is what The Godfather did, and that's why he is the most powerful. He grew great, and he's telling his kids that life isn’t easy, and it's tough, so they have to be tougher.

Now most people wouldn’t expect me, or any kid my age, to have seen Godfather, a movie that came out about 30 years before I was even born, and not only have I seen this movie, I loved it. Its way to show us how cruel business could be, or was back then. Greatly directed by Francis Ford Coppola. One of his best choices was appointing Marlon Brando as the Godfather as he was the best actor for it giving it its well deserved 9.2 out of 10, a must see for all.


Though this movie is not for the younger kids, some may even argue not even for my age, as this movie displays violence, murder, and illegal business, but that doesn’t make the movie any less entertaining to watch. It shows us the side of these families we have never seen before, and at the time this was one of the first. It was able to successfully show us what a good movie should be like.


The movie was fantastic, loved by so many, being able to, and especially back when this was created, to make a movie that has never been done before and have it to be a hit was amazing. A movie that is still well known and loved by many. They were able to do so much in the one movie, as example look at Micheal. He, in the beginning, didn’t want anything to do with the family business, but as the movie progressed he got more and more into it finally becoming The Godfather after his, and the previous Godfather, dies. Yet this all comes with a cost, being torn on the inside Mike changes. He was a war hero to a crime lord, and changes like that need a reason which will only be found by watching the movie. Mike was the same as his father, yet he doesn’t knows it yet as he does the same thing his father would have done, but he was able to be more fierce.


In the end will Mike be able to continue the family business, even after the loss of his brother and father? Will he be able to protect himself and the ones he loves by the other families? Can Mike even run the family business? All these questions and more will be answered in its second edition of the franchise.