About Time | Teen Ink

About Time

By MariB GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
MariB GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

Time traveling seems impossible in our world but this movie made it seem like it is possible. “About Time” is about time. It’s about a guy who travelled in time to fix mistakes, it sounds like a coward man who doesn’t know how to live with mistakes of his own, but the movie teaches a lesson.

It was directed by Richard Curtis, the director of Love Actually, Notting Hill, etc. Some of the actors and actresses in this movie were Domhnall Gleeson (from Harry Potter and Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Rachel McAdams (from Mean Girls and Midnight in Paris), and Bill Nighy (from Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End).

It started on New Year's Eve, Tim (Domhnall Gleeson) described it as "the worst party ever". Everything started there, the year, his sister's love life, and his knowledge about time travelling. His father, played by Bill Nighy, taught him how to travel through time because it was the family's tradition. He then moved to London from Cornwall so he could fulfill his dreams to be a lawyer. Not only he tried to fulfill his dreams but he tried to get a girlfriend.

He first met Mary (Rachel McAdams) in a dark restaurant where they talked almost all night long. But he had to travel through time and change things in the past so Mary didn’t meet him, as far as she knows. Then they finally met and fell in love with each other and they had a family.

A little while after they started a family, his sister got into an accident so he came back to the New Year’s Eve party with her sister to change the things that happened that night between his sister and her boyfriend. Tim didn’t expect things to change since it’s his sister’s love life, but it did affect his present life. So he had to let go of a few things so he can live an almost perfect life.

I think this movie is a great movie. Although it is a Rated R movie, people, especially teenagers or young adults, should watch this movie because this movie had a great message. They taught me to learn from my mistakes and what I do now will affect my future.