Now You See ME | Teen Ink

Now You See ME

November 16, 2016
By Anonymous

“Now you see me, now you don’t.” – Released in 2013, “Now You See Me” is about “The Four Horseman”, a team of bank-robbing illusionists who were put together because of their separate skills. Despite the fact that people are trying to stop them, they always manage to stay one step ahead of everyone. They were able to pull off many amazing stunts as well.

   

The movie shows the main characters very early in the movie. The first person we see is J. Daniel Atlas (Jessie Eisenberg). He is doing a card trick. The screen pans back showing an unidentified figure watching him perform. He goes back to his apartment and finds a tarot card with an address on it. The next person shown is Merritt McKinney (Woody Harrelson). After his trick is over he also finds a tarot card with an address on it. Jack Wilder (Dave Franco) is the next to be shown. He runs into an unidentified man who gives him a tarot card with, I’m sure you could guess this, an address on it. The last is Henley Reeves (Isla Fisher). She finds a tarot card as well. These separate performers are brought together by an unknown force, which leads them to an empty apartment in New York.
   

One year later, they are world-famous magicians calling themselves “The Four Horseman” and are performing in Las Vegas. At the end of their show they perform a trick which results in them robbing a bank and giving all the money to their fans.This causes them to be investigated by the FBI, who can’t prove they were involved in anything but know something is wrong. Although they got released from jail, that is not the last time they will hear from them. That is also not the only person they have to worry about. Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) is out to expose all their illusions for what they really are. The FBI just wants proof of their crime.
   

Faced paced and full of great actors, this is one of my favorite movies.  The storyline is very unique and the actors played their parts very well. I remember watching this movie with some friends and wasn’t planning on paying attention because I thought it was going to be boring, but 5 minutes in I was hooked. Looking back I don’t know why I ever though I would hate it. The whole idea is really interesting.
    

I highly recommend seeing this movie. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. It will also make you think about it a lot. But remember, the closer you look, the less you’ll see.