Doctor Strange | Teen Ink

Doctor Strange

November 16, 2016
By doggo.jpeg.v3 BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
doggo.jpeg.v3 BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In the theaters today there are many superhero movies, but a recent film stands out above the rest, Doctor Strange. Doctor strange is an adventure following Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), one of the world's best neurosurgeons. When he suffers a near fatal accident that ends his career, he finds hope in an obscure cult and finds new purpose that will save  hundreds more lives than he could've before. From music choice to CGI quality, this film truly deserves its 9/10 rating.


As in recent years, the increased amount of big budget, action packed super hero films by MARVEL and other companies can be overwhelming. There are so many it can be difficult to really follow a new story every time you go to the movies. Doctor Strange is a well plotted film with excellent acting by Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, and Chiwetel Ejiofor. The flawless acting of Benedict Cumberbatch and the interesting story line makes this movie one of the best new movies out, but in a time of so many movies centered around superhumans, is it really worth the hype? I think that Doctor Strange is a well oriented movie, yet there are just too many movies that are based around the same concept. The film industry has turned into who can make the coolest looking cape. From MARVEL alone, since 2014 over 5 movies have come out surrounding the same principal, superheroes, metahumans, superhumans, whatever you wish to call them, they have taken over the big screen.

 

Doctor Strange, however, while being surrounded by many hero movies, can still hold its own in the ring of films. The hype around superheroes is still at large, and this movie definitely lives up to it. I personally enjoyed the adventure, and would highly recommend Doctor Strange to anyone, comic book geeks and average viewers alike.