Shawshank Redemption | Teen Ink

Shawshank Redemption

November 16, 2016
By jmcdonnell BRONZE, Stratham, New Hampshire
jmcdonnell BRONZE, Stratham, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The movie shawshank redemption was truly captivating and will change the way movies are produced in the future. The movie starts with Andy Dufresne committing two murders. He brutally murdered his wife and her lover. He lives in the state of maine where the death penalty is not legal. He receives two life sentences in prison. On Andy’s first night he realized how savage of a place he will be contained in for the rest of his life.


At first watching this movie I was extremely confused. I found myself wondering what Andy’s goal was. The way the dialogue is written makes Andy appear tough and smart, which he is. The dialogue also also makes you feel like the characters in the movie are realistic. For me and many others, as viewers, makes the movie an all around better experience.


The casting of the movie was enchanting. With Tim Robbins casted as Andy Dufresne it gives the movie an almost eerie vibe. His facial expressions help portray his feelings. But that's the thing, even though he is the main character you never know exactly what he's thinking. He always has an expression on his face as if he always knows more than everyone in the room.


The music used sets the tone for the movie. When I first watched the movie I didn't even notice the music, but that why the music is so great. The best background music for a movie just disappears in the storey of the movie.


Overall I believe that this is one of the greatest movies of all time. I think that many other young and brave, wise and old, would agree with this statement.