Matilda | Teen Ink

Matilda

Matilda is an old classic movie for families to enjoy. The movie came out July 28th, 1996. It’s a great spin-off movie, and it helps children to understand that you can turn a bad situation into a good one, no matter who you are and how you live.

The director Daniel “Danny” DeVito gained his prominence for his portrayal of the taxi dispatcher as Louie De Palma in taxi which won him a golden globe and an Emmy and he also played in Matilda as Harry Wormwood. He is an amazing actor and he plays all of his characters perfectly.

Some of the cast member include Mara Wilson as Matilda Wormwood, Danny DeVito as Harry Wormwood, Pam Ferris as Miss Trunchbull, Embeth Davidtz as Miss Honey, Rhea Perlman as Zinnia Wormwood and many more.
This movie is about a girl who in is foster care as a baby and a family adopts her but she grows up to be nothing like her family. Matilda loves to read books but her family doesn’t allow books in their house, so when her parents leaves for work and her brother goes off to school she goes to the library.

Matilda’s dad is a used cars sells man so one day her dad makes a deal with the principal at a school and Matilda starts school at the age of 6 years old. Matilda has powers, she can move things with her eyes and fingers, she has a great relationship with her teacher Miss Honey and they become very close and things work out for the best for both of them and Matilda ends up having a great life. Just like Matilda anybody can come out of a bad situation and turn it upside down and make it better, no matter who your family is or where you grew up at.

I love this movie because it inspires people to overcome their situations and have a better life. I would tell other people about this movie because some people can relate this movie to their life. This movie had pride and joy in it, it also has some heartfelt moments and some bad moments, people of all ages can relate not just children or adults.

This piece is a very nice one because it shows love and bad/ good times.