The Outsiders | Teen Ink

The Outsiders

By Allison Bindert BRONZE, Rochester, New York
Allison Bindert BRONZE, Rochester, New York

The Outsiders is a great movie that you will want to watch over and over again. This movie, based on the book by S.E. Hinton, will keep you on the edge of your seat. This movie is rated PG and is approximately 90 minutes. This is about two gangs who are completely different. Will they settle there problems? They are upset because in other fights some of the other gang members have gotten badly injured.

The main characters are Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howel), Johnny (Ralph Macchio), Darrel (Patrick Swayze), Sodapop (Rob Lowe) and Dallas (Matt Dillon). The main setting of this movie is Johnny and Ponyboy are at the church because Johnny stabbed someone and now they are in a bad situation. My favorite character in this movie is Sodapop because he is always there for his brother (Ponyboy) he is also caring for others, He cares for Ponyboy because he is his little bother and the youngest member of the gang. I think most of the choices and actions are believable because most people would stab someone to save a friend.

This is one of the best movies I have ever watched because it has a lesson, to appreciate what you have before you lose it. You would enjoy this movie if you like a movie that has a lesson to it. I think this movie is like the movie Grease because they are both about groups and clicks. I gave this movie 4.5 stars because I thought it was amazing and I never wanted to stop watching it.

drakej52 said...
that isn't true person. their not masd because onew of them got in a fight their mad at eachother because they are rival gangs who kick the crud outta eachother for the heck of it!!! it's fun!