The Man From Snowy River | Teen Ink

The Man From Snowy River

March 16, 2009
By Anonymous

This movie starts with a kid, named Jim Craig, and his father getting their horse herd disturbed by a wild brumby herd. Jim scared the herd away but his father was killed. Jim was forced to move down to the flatlands. In the flatlands, he searched for work until he found a wealthy landowner. He immediately fell in love with the landowner's daughter. During a chain of events, the landowner lost a 1000 pound ($) horse and blamed Jim for letting it go. The landowner got word that the horse had joined the wild brumby herd. Jim went after the herd and caught it by himself. He took the landowner's daughter with him up to the mountains and back to his home.

Jim was brave when he decided to catch the herd alone. That herd was the most ruthless herd in the country. The leader of the herd had been running wild for Jim's entire life. Jim was also my favorite character because of the Jim's characteristics that the director gave him. Jim fit the role perfectly because of the actions he took to prevent his girl friend's death.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes romance or the thrill of adventure.