City of Ember

I found this movie 'City of Ember' to be quite impressive. However, the plot at the beginning of the movie especially was quite confusing. I have never read the novel this was based on, but I am sure reading that prior to the movie may clear up a few things. Once the viewer gets past perplexing points, the adventure progresses through the actions of two young teenagers, and later on an even younger child. Their city, which is run by a generator, is failing, and without the light, their city falls into darkness, literally. The teenagers take action without the knowledge of the rest of the city citizens, and attempts to escape the failing city. Carry on the adventure as you enjoy this family movie which also does well at demonstrating our government. Like our governing officials, their city leaders seem to care little about what's going on about them. When the teenagers finally go to tell someone, the leaders refuse to listen. Consequently, everyone in the family can relate, whether the spectators be a polically-active member, a child enjoying action and adventure, or one who likes a good, hidden mystery. I hope you enjoy this movie as much as I eventually did.

GirRox said...
amazing movie!